Fiero Store Dash Covers by nightscar
Started on: 02-08-2014 12:34 PM
Replies: 11 (1018 views)
Last post by: fierogt28 on 02-17-2015 11:56 PM
nightscar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightscarSend a Private Message to nightscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Guys,
I have a few small to medium sized cracks in my dash, and I was wondering about these dash mats from The Fiero Store..
Has anyone ever installed one?
Is it a pain in the butt to do?
Does the dash look really bulky afterwards?.. Or is the dash mat really thin?
Would it be easier to just get a dash repair kit?

Thank you for any info guys
Todd

This is the biggest one, other small ones around the speakers

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donuteater306

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive never installed one on a Fiero, but everything else that i've used them on looks great! Chevy trucks, Dodge trucks, etc. Don't look bulky. Sometimes you do have to trim the edges slightly. Be sure to test fit before gluing. Google search Coverlay Manufacturing. They offer really good explanations and video instructions.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightscar:

Hey Guys,
I have a few small to medium sized cracks in my dash, and I was wondering about these dash mats from The Fiero Store..
Has anyone ever installed one?
Is it a pain in the butt to do?
Does the dash look really bulky afterwards?.. Or is the dash mat really thin?
Would it be easier to just get a dash repair kit?

Thank you for any info guys
Todd

This is the biggest one, other small ones around the speakers

I've mostly been pleased with the vast majority of the items that I've purchased from the Fiero Store. The only thing I would say though is that I've never really been a fan of dash caps. I've seen them on the Porsche 944 and was less than pleased. I've also seen them on the 2nd gen TransAm and have also been less than pleased. Any dissatisfaction that I would have with a dash cap would be IN SPITE of the Fiero Store's decent quality, and more to do with me just not liking the fix.

If you're willing to spend some money, I would recommend you get it leather wrapped by one of the shops online that offer this. ALSO... if you're feeling adventurous, you can actually try to do it yourself (it's not too difficult):

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fellas,
Do you think this will work on the Fiero dash?

Cordially,
kevin
donuteater306

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donuteater306Send a Private Message to donuteater306Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting video. Especially like the Ford cassette deck installed in the Porsche.
nightscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightscarSend a Private Message to nightscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the reply guys.. and ya until I can actually see some pics of a dash mat from the Fiero Store installed, I'm going to hold out on fixing the dash for now..
Just out of curiosity .. how much would it cost to have my dash leather wrapped from an online store?
we talking in the 1,000s?
also any recommended shops off the top of anyone's head, that does this process?
Thanks
Todd

[This message has been edited by nightscar (edited 02-09-2014).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightscar:

Thank you for the reply guys.. and ya until I can actually see some pics of a dash mat from the Fiero Store installed, I'm going to hold out on fixing the dash for now..
Just out of curiosity .. how much would it cost to have my dash leather wrapped from an online store?
we talking in the 1,000s?
also any recommended shops off the top of anyone's head, that does this process?
Thanks
Todd

I was trying to find the place that I had originally found that does Porsche 944 dashes. I was thinking of going with it on my Porsche 944 a while back, but ended up just getting a new replacement dash for $$$.

There are some places that wrap the ENTIRE dash, even with different color leathers as well. I remember seeing a price-tag of around $500-600
nightscar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightscarSend a Private Message to nightscarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I was trying to find the place that I had originally found that does Porsche 944 dashes. I was thinking of going with it on my Porsche 944 a while back, but ended up just getting a new replacement dash for $$$.

There are some places that wrap the ENTIRE dash, even with different color leathers as well. I remember seeing a price-tag of around $500-600

See thats not to bad, the entire dash wrapped for 600 I would do.. will most likely be a project for down the line after the rest of the interior is done
Ty again
newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks pretty easy, tidy job!!
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From The Fiero Store website: $120 plus delivery to Ontario Canada by UPS $103. Current exchange rate total: $250.
Unscrupulous Pirates Society will charge collection fees, brokerage & duties at the door. I suspect around $300 delivered.

For comparison, UPS will deliver a dash to Niagara Falls NY (30 minutes away) for $37.47.

I had one delivery by UPS from The Fiero Store and will never use them again if there is any other option.
Other shipments by USPS & Canada Post didn't cost extra & I tracked the shipments online to my door.

Rsvl-Rider

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rsvl-RiderSend a Private Message to Rsvl-RiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reviving this post to see if anyone has had any experience with these Fiero Store dash covers the OP was asking about.

http://www.fierostore.com/P...ail.aspx?s=92150&p=3
PFF
System Bot
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2015 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

From The Fiero Store website: $120 plus delivery to Ontario Canada by UPS $103. Current exchange rate total: $250.
Unscrupulous Pirates Society will charge collection fees, brokerage & duties at the door. I suspect around $300 delivered.

For comparison, UPS will deliver a dash to Niagara Falls NY (30 minutes away) for $37.47.

I had one delivery by UPS from The Fiero Store and will never use them again if there is any other option.
Other shipments by USPS & Canada Post didn't cost extra & I tracked the shipments online to my door.

Ya, UPS is a killer for us Canadians. TFS has no choice to ship UPS if the box is to big to ship USPS.
I ordered a new 88 brake line kit and a new clutch line from them, and the box was too big to ship via UPS.

Anything that can be shipped USPS to Canada is the best and cheapest way.

The next time I have to get a big bulk item, I'll go UPS and bite the bullet and pay. Cheaper than driving there and picking it up, ehh??

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock