Honda electric seat adjuster? by Fierosmith
Started on: 02-08-2014 11:30 AM
Replies: 2 (196 views)
Last post by: Fierosmith on 02-08-2014 06:58 PM
Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for an electric driver side seat adjuster.
Not the whole seat just the adjuster.
and not only for front to back, but elevation (up & down) adjustment.

My wife is only 5'-2" and wants the seat to rise up about 2" or so.

I mentioned this to some folks I met at a Fiero meet,a while back, but haven't seen them since...

They mentioned that a certain Honda model had that kind of adjustment. But I dont know which model, year.. etc..

Anybody here done such a mod??

Any advise is appreciated...

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post02-08-2014 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know which Hondas have it as an option. I'd expect the current, and maybe previous genration of Civic or RSX/TSX/TL have it as an option, and probably the Fit. The 94-01 Integra had manual adjustment as an option and might fit OK in a Fiero.

A lot of GM cars have had the option over the past several years. The G6 for example had them as an option. Lots of Cadillacs have had it. If you go to your local junk yard and find a ~2008 Cadillac, it almost certainly will have them unless they've already been pulled out.

You should be aware though, that adding such seat rails to a Fiero is going to raise the seat probably at least 2 inches at the lowest setting on the adjustment, as the rails require a fair bit of room under the seat for the equipment to fit.
Fierosmith

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Dobey,

that's what I was afraid of, that the seat would rise too much more than standard height.

She will drive the car on occasion, but I will most likely drive it more frequently, I'm 6'-0", so I'm comfortable the way it is.

I keep teasing her, I'll just throw in a coupe of Dallas phone books (they still have those?), and a thin pillow for her.

I'm building the car for her, so I'm trying to implement as many features that she wants into it.

Jim

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock