Started on: 02-04-2014 11:26 PM
Replies: 15 (793 views)
Last post by: dematrix86gt on 02-13-2014 10:22 PM
sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the width of the drivers seat is the problem with swapping seats. How much wider can I go without interfering with the emergency brake lever? I have a set of Porsche seats that are about 3/4" wider and look like they'll clear, maybe with a little re-shaping of the lever so it doesn't rub.

How wide a seat have you guys used and still have a usable brake lever?

Neil
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just ordered a new set of seats that will be here friday Seats they state their 20 inches wide so i called them and a tech took one out and measured it and said it measured 19 3/4 . The Guys that are using C4 and C5 and F body seats could prob give you a better answer. with mine being almost 20 i shouldnt have a prob.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-05-2014).]

Shonyman32

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are the exact seats I am getting.
88formulafastback

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88formulafastbackSend a Private Message to 88formulafastbackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those actually look pretty nice! Been thinking about that myself. Do they sell brackets to match? my main deterrent has been the fear of having to fab my own.
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cypher sells the brackets for the fiero but i think their the same part number for the F body too. brackets are high. making brackets to fit will be easy seeing the Fiero has a flat floor. Ill try to get some pics of the brackets and measurements for these seats when i get them built.
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My seats have arrived! as soon as it gets out of the 20s ill install them.
DimeMachine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DimeMachineSend a Private Message to DimeMachineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look pretty sweet. Do they feel pretty durable? How much do they weigh? Please post some pics of the install as I (and probably a few others) are interested in following along to see how they look and what your thoughts are.

I need it to get out of the 0's here... Just sayin....

------------------
84/87 NB, 3800SC, E-85, VS Cam, 2.8 Pulley, 4T65E-HD, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Regal GS Gauges, S-10 Brake Booster. 1/4 mile -11.85 at 114mph

dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will be a few days before i get to install them. As far as looks? They look Sick!!!! Their firm but not too firm and you wont be sliding into the door panel turning curves, thats for sure!!, weight/UPS box said 31.2LBS
I got mine from ikonmotoring on ebay. 273,95 to my door! and in 3 days Cali to ARK YES free shipping!!!! and well worth it!
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to take plenty of pictures of the installation!
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a little teaser This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They Fit This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view. But the inside adjuster needs to be removed, theres one on both sides. but width is not a problem at all. Ill be posting the brackets with measurements later this week or weekend.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-13-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very good, how high are the backs when in the car?
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wish my corbeau seats would clear the ebrake...Mine has to stay far forward because of the roll cage I'll be getting. The seat touches the window a little bit how its mounted right now. It's a pain to get in and out already haha. For now I modified a stock seat bracket. I'll purchase one from the fiero store unless this other guy you talked about is cheaper. Here are a couple shots of the install and fitment.

djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

djlamp14

144 posts
Member since Oct 2012
Also I should add that I'm 5'7" and with my helmet on for the track I have like no headroom on stock seat brackets. Not sure if any of this helped you OP.

------------------
11.8@115mph 1/4 mile 1999 Regal GSX being demodded for swap into a 87 Fiero GT.
11 sec pass>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQT4X2eBlR8

sspeedstreet

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sspeedstreetSend a Private Message to sspeedstreetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by djlamp14:
Not sure if any of this helped you OP.

Hey, thanks for remembering me! I guess the only way I'm going to know will be to put the the seats in and see what happens.
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yours looks great, but being a fixed back your bottom sides are taller than mine. i have plenty of room for my e-brake . Im 5'11 and the seat comes within 3 inches of the headliner to me that plenty of room. BTW that first pic (THE WALL OF BEER) Love it .

Originally posted by djlamp14:

Wish my corbeau seats would clear the ebrake...Mine has to stay far forward because of the roll cage I'll be getting. The seat touches the window a little bit how its mounted right now. It's a pain to get in and out already haha. For now I modified a stock seat bracket. I'll purchase one from the fiero store unless this other guy you talked about is cheaper. Here are a couple shots of the install and fitment.

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 02-13-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock