Which size steel wheels? by mckaymotoworks
Started on: 02-03-2014 01:10 PM
Replies: 5 (159 views)
Last post by: mckaymotoworks on 02-04-2014 11:05 AM
mckaymotoworks

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Planning the second phase of my OEM restoration, I like the 60's era GT racer look of the steel wheels. I see 14x5 and 14x6 from various GM models will fit, I've chosen the BF Goodrich Radial T/A 215/60R 14 as I like the vintage look, they offer good road performance from the research I've concluded. Plan to replace the shocks/struts and lower with the Eibach kit.

Which would be better suited, the 14x6 or the 14x5? I have located both in a local junk yard for $25 each. I plan to have them PC'd silver and hope to find some good/NOS condition center caps and trim rings.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not a tire/rim expert but I don't think I would go lower than a 6 inch, I was looking at 7 inch rims for my car.
I am sure someone will chime in here.
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What GM models came with 14x7 so I can narrow my search?
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

mckaymotoworks

521 posts
Member since Jan 2014
According to this chart, there aren't any 14x7 18/20 hole steelies, just 14x6.
GM wheel sizes and bolt patterns
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Id go with the 6" for your tires. Id go with 5" narrower ones with 185 or 195 / 70 or 75 series tires.
mckaymotoworks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mckaymotoworksClick Here to visit mckaymotoworks's HomePageSend a Private Message to mckaymotoworksEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Id go with the 6" for your tires. Id go with 5" narrower ones with 185 or 195 / 70 or 75 series tires.

Exactly the info I was looking for, to match rim to tire choice. Thank you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock