About to buy 3.4 dohc fiero by Shonyman32
Started on: 02-02-2014 07:08 PM
Replies: 13 (465 views)
Last post by: tesmith66 on 02-04-2014 07:56 AM
Shonyman32

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am looking at buying a 3.4 doch fiero.

Car has 96 corvette brake swap
Stainless Steel lines
Wilwood master cylinder

3.4 dohc swap using megasquirt - needs a good tune still. Is drive able but not at potential fan was wired up to a switch also there is a switch that turns off
Also there is a separate switch to turn on the ignition and fuel pump along with the key.
Cranks a lot on a cold start. twitchy idle

5 speed isuzu
rear coil overs
cut front springs (I believe)
Poly front bushings
88 cradle swap
18 inch rims
Great interior - super clean and great seats
Decent paint.

Comes with gt bumper or two
fastback clip with lights
84-87 cradle
parts car
and some other odds and ends things

47000 mile car
unkown on engine

Paying 3700. Does this sound like an alright deal? What should I check?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like most of the basic work with the swap has been completed. You also recognize all the other mods that have been done. If it just needs to be dialed in and painted it sounds like a reasonable deal IMO.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, most people have that much into the swap alone, you're basically getting the car for free.

Which MS is it? Does it have timing control?

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

RobertGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertGTSend a Private Message to RobertGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds reasonable to me too, but if the motor is stock-ish, which if it's a 3.4 TDC it kind of has to be, then I'd swap back to the factory ECU.
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you do swap back to the stock ecm, you will have a tune for an auto in a stick car. So you will have to get it tuned for the manual tranny. If the clutch anticipate switch isn't installed that is something else you will have to wire in to the ecm. (ask me how I know this one)
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He said he originally had it tuned on the stock Ecuador but when to megasquirt when he had plans on turboing it. Megasquirt has timing control.

Is there a base tune?
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Shonyman32

593 posts
Member since Jan 2012
Although the brake pedal is super low btw.
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does this car have a 1 piece Norms front end? There was one near Blythville AR for sale 3.4 DOHC norms front with MS and lots of extra body panels for 3700.00 He couldnt get it running and got fed up with it and wanted to sell it.
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know what a norms front end is but I do not think so. I've driven this and he was originally asking 4000. Also this car has been on craigslist around me before if I recall correctly.

[This message has been edited by Shonyman32 (edited 02-03-2014).]

dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does not have norms front end.
Also I am curious about the brakes. I have never had a brake swapped or driven a brake swapped fiero. The pedal is very low but the brakes work very well. Is a low pedal something to worry about?

PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably running the stock master cylinder. Have to move the pedal much farther for the larger calipers.
Shonyman32

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shonyman32Send a Private Message to Shonyman32Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill take a closer look but he said wilwood master and the quick glance I remember it didn't look stock.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If that's the case, then maybe a longer pushrod is all it needs.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock