Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  i have an exercise in fiero electronics "blue dingy thingy edition"

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
i have an exercise in fiero electronics "blue dingy thingy edition" by mmeyer86gt/gtp
Started on: 02-02-2014 01:12 AM
Replies: 6 (293 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 02-03-2014 11:59 AM
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So am looking at the post that orge has on the blue dingy thingy he shows some information but i am looking past that information and looking for what else is happening at that time for a project.

idea of the project taking a switching recordable usb module and when each button on the module is pressed it says something like "lights are on" since each circuit on the fiero when it comes to

pin a lights gets 12v then i would have a npn transister to complete the circuit to press the button
pin d for the parking brake gets 0volts when on and use a pnp transister in the circuit to press the button
pin e for key in the ignition gets 12v when key is in ignition and the door is ajar so i would use a npn transister in the circuit to press the button
pin h for fasten seat belts gets 12v when the car starts up to remind you to plug in your seatbelt you would use a npn transister in the circuit to press the button
pin b is 12v always on
pin g for ground

Am i missing something to my reasoning?
need some help the buttons have 4.5volts connecting the circuit on the module i am installing what can i put inline to ensure 12volts does not go into the control board? run a voltage regulator for each button?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Your door is ajar" - Right door
"Your jar is a door" - Left door
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the circuit i am working with has 4 buttons the next will have 6 and do trunk or lid, right door, and left door.
diabloroadster

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for diabloroadsterSend a Private Message to diabloroadsterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mmeyer86gt/gtp:

So am looking at the post that orge has on the blue dingy thingy he shows some information but i am looking past that information and looking for what else is happening at that time for a project.

idea of the project taking a switching recordable usb module and when each button on the module is pressed it says something like "lights are on" since each circuit on the fiero when it comes to

pin a lights gets 12v then i would have a npn transister to complete the circuit to press the button
pin d for the parking brake gets 0volts when on and use a pnp transister in the circuit to press the button
pin e for key in the ignition gets 12v when key is in ignition and the door is ajar so i would use a npn transister in the circuit to press the button
pin h for fasten seat belts gets 12v when the car starts up to remind you to plug in your seatbelt you would use a npn transister in the circuit to press the button
pin b is 12v always on
pin g for ground

Am i missing something to my reasoning?
need some help the buttons have 4.5volts connecting the circuit on the module i am installing what can i put inline to ensure 12volts does not go into the control board? run a voltage regulator for each button?

Is there any kind of aftermarket item like this available already? Something some what universal that would tell (voice) me when my lights are on or door is ajar, ect that I can wire into my lambo kit car? I know they make these voice "add on" units for car alarms, and I think I remember something about some kind of unit when a factory radio/amp is replaced in cars that have OEM voice alert..?? I dont have the motovation to try to do something like your project...
fierosound

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some 80's Chryslers had that feature.
http://www.allpar.com/corpo...nic-voice-alert.html

After people got tired of hearing "Your door is ajar" (NO - it's a door!) most people disabled them.
After the first 10,000 cars, Chrysler added a hidden OFF switch.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

mmeyer86gt/gtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
if you look in the original irm catalog there was one that was sold. This is again an exercise for electronic skills i am going to build one for my self it is something that i want.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do remember seeing little modules in a car parts store that could be wired to lights, oil & temp gauges before. I havent looked in years and dont know if theyre still around.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock