How hard to find parts?? by Ray_and_kevin
Started on: 01-31-2014 10:05 PM
Replies: 2 (200 views)
Last post by: Ray_and_kevin on 01-31-2014 10:11 PM
Ray_and_kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ray_and_kevinSend a Private Message to Ray_and_kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 88 GT is sitting in a wrecker yard now. Got hit from behind while stopping to let police clear an intersection.

Will need a rear bumper, spoiler pylons, maybe a rear deck, probably the body panels at the bottom just in front of bumper. I'm thinking the hardest to find will be the turn/stop lenses that say PONTIAC. The trunk was smooshed too. The rear deck was jammed forward, so it may be damaged internally. Can't open the trunk because of the deck being jammed forward.

Oddly, the truck that hit me looks like it got it worse than the Fiero.

Not sure if they will try to fix it or total it. Definitely want the salvage rights if it is totalled.

So how hard are the parts listed to find?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing in that list is 88-specific, so not too difficult. 'The Mall' here would be the best place.
Ray_and_kevin

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ray_and_kevinSend a Private Message to Ray_and_kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK. this is a double post. I looked for my earlier post and could not find it. That's what a conscussion will do!!

Tried to figure out how I hit the steering wheel. I occurs to me that the lock on the shoulder harness works when you hit something while going forward. Getting hit from behind looks like normal acceleration and will not lock the shoulder harness.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock