Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Collector car insurance for a Fiero (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Collector car insurance for a Fiero by Lou and Blue
Started on: 01-31-2014 08:22 PM
Replies: 42 (1846 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 04-03-2014 09:15 AM
rcm

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcmSend a Private Message to rcmEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I have 5k agreed value on my 86 se through jc taylor for 75.00 a year.You might try them.Which is comp,collision,liability.

[This message has been edited by rcm (edited 02-05-2014).]

IP: Logged
fast40driver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fast40driverSend a Private Message to fast40driverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Hagerty, am in Vancouver, WA with a good driving record. $200 per yr for $6K agreed on an '88 GT, added an '88 Formula for another $90. Required inside storage - apparantly that varies by area - and an insured other vehicle for each licensed driver. I also picked up towing insurance on all household vehicles for about $100 a year for 125 miles flatbed towing. Use restrictions are 5K a year on the GT, 2500 on the Formula. They wanted just an exterior shot of each car in the garage, no milage check or anything. They say OK to drive to work on occasion, just not on a regular basis.

I did have a towing claim (on the Audi) a year ago. It was handled quickly, politely, the easiest claim that I ever had. Called in the claim, asked to have the tow delayed till the next morning - no trouble. They called twice the next day to be sure the tow arrived, no billing to me, all direct with the company, follow up call, etc.

Mike
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had American Collectors Insurance for the past 5 years or so. Yesterday I received a Non-renewal notice, Reason: "We are no longer offering collector vehicle coverage in your state."

I have a policy with them for agreed value of 26,000 on my 87 GT., The yearly cost was $218. Current policy ends 05/13-2014.

They included a form for American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, saying they have been a partner with them for 20 years, and they highly recomend them. They matched the coverage.

I will look all the other companies you guys talked about above, and see who has the best deal for me.

Did anyone else in Florida get this notice ?

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-03-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock