Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Collector car insurance for a Fiero (Page 1)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Collector car insurance for a Fiero by Lou and Blue
Started on: 01-31-2014 08:22 PM
Replies: 42 (1849 views)
Last post by: CoolBlue87GT on 04-03-2014 09:15 AM
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am putting this thread out to see if any one has collector car insurance coverage on thier Fiero . I have a 1985 GT and American collectors insurance said they wouldn't insure it because to them its not considered a collectable car. So I bought a policy with American Modern Insurance group and now, a month later I get an email saying the Fiero cannot be insured by them because "they were mass produced and not appreciating in value".
If I go for gieco, Progressive, or any mainstream company the quote is an arm and a leg just for liability because the car doesnt have anti-lock brakes and an air bag.
If anyone uses collectable car insurance for their Fiero , please let me know.
I am on Long Island , New York
Thank you.
Louis

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
Stock V6---Stock everything. Trying to keep it 'mostly' that way.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Boo" <= '81 Delorean DMC-12
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped
Neiland/Delman Engineered
Carbed and loving it! (Peugot 604 manifold) ---"Sorry purists"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Grundy on my three Fieros. The cars need to be garage stored and you have to have another car as a daily driver. The cars have an agreed value and the insurance cost is $475/year.

I don't drive the Fieros that much, but when I do, I take road trips and will do 2000-3000 mile road trips. In 2012, I took my 87 on a 6500 mile road trip.

I don't know if they check a driver's record, but I haven't had any accident claims in nearly 50 years of driving.
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I almost got Hagerty on an 85 2M4 but couldn't because I didn't have an enclosed garage. Keep in mind that if something happens to the car when you are using it to go to work or for business they may deny the claim.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[/b]

[B]Originally posted by Old Lar:

I have Grundy on my three Fieros. The cars need to be garage stored and you have to have another car as a daily driver. The cars have an agreed value and the insurance cost is $475/year.

I don't drive the Fieros that much, but when I do, I take road trips and will do 2000-3000 mile road trips. In 2012, I took my 87 on a 6500 mile road trip.

I don't know if they check a driver's record, but I haven't had any accident claims in nearly 50 years of driving.

Is it 475$ for the three all together?
Thanks,
Did you have to send pics of the Car in a garage?

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have American Modern insurance on two of my Fiero's. One is a 350 small block which costs $114.00 a year, with an agreed value of $10,000. The other is an 84 with a 3.8 SC motor, agreed value of $6000, which costs a whopping $38.00 per year. I have two other collector cars on this policy, and the total premium is $466.00 this year. The big drawback, is that they can only be driven 1000 miles each per year. They do have to be kept in a locked garage, too. Don't try to buy collector insurance, and then drive them daily. I believe the Fiero's are considered "specialty cars". I have had other stock Fiero's on this same policy without any issues. I'm not sure, but they may have other mileage tiers at additional cost.
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Haggerty and it's $180 a year which includes tows in case of a breakdown (15 miles max). The agreed value is $6,000 and the only stipulations are I have to have an insured daily driver and can't use it to drive to work on a regular basis.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou and Blue:

If I go for gieco, Progressive, or any mainstream company the quote is an arm and a leg just for liability because the car doesnt have anti-lock brakes and an air bag.

That's interesting. I have Infinity Insurance and liability is almost exactly the same for the Fiero and my 3-series BMW convertible (which has ABS and 6 airbags).

I looking into classic car insurance but they all required an enclosed garage which I don't have (condo building).

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 02-01-2014).]

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a 1985 GT and American collectors insurance said they wouldn't insure it because to them its not considered a collectable car.

I have had American Collectors Insurance for about three years on my 87GT. I pay about $165 for 8,000 agreed value per year. Maybe you need to check into them again.

------------------

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had Grundy insurance on my 88 for the past 20 years, and they are the only insurance I have had for the car since I purchased it in 1993. There are stipulations as others have mentioned, but the car is insured for an agreed value and I consider it to be a good value for coverage.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hear the coverage is spotty on different locations, but check with State Farm. In my locality, I had agreed value coverage on all my 'collector' cars. The only stipulations I had were I had to have a daily driver insured with them also, and I didnt drive the collector cars as daily drivers. No restrictions on garage, where it was kept or anything else. They even covered up to $1000 worth of spare parts kept at my home. I had it on my SLs, the GT40,Ferrari and Lambo kits, and my SuperBee.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[b][/b]
Is it 475$ for the three all together?
Thanks,
Did you have to send pics of the Car in a garage?

I didn't have to send photos of the car in the garage, but sent in photos of the cars. Especially of the IMSA ZZ4 V8. And the price was for all three. I had American Collectors in the past, but they pulled out of Florida.

[This message has been edited by Old Lar (edited 02-01-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
dhen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dhenSend a Private Message to dhenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for Hagerty. I have them for my old MG and they've been great. I have to have the car in a garage if I remember right, but no mileage restriction I'm aware of. Not sure how they would know if you went over to be honest.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Read the thread "Never ends" here on Pennock's. My experience for the last 2 weeks with" Grundy". **( it's NOT Grundy that you "deal with" if something "Happens",** They only "Sell you the Policy", it's Philadelphia Indemnity that is the actual INSURANCE Co. I used Grundy for 12 years on 3 cars (at the same time) cost me something like $200 a year for all 3 "Agreed Value". I Never filed a claim in my life until 2 weeks ago. After ALOT of arguing, Many phone calls,towing all over, they finally agreed to pay to fix my car, (Well, Almost), All Except about $300 of it. I finally gave up because It was making me sick arguing with the adjuster. Still haven't gotten a check though. So...... They're All Terrific, Untill you "file a Claim". Check the internet for the Companies" Reputation for paying Claims" Before you sign up.
Canyonflyer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CanyonflyerSend a Private Message to CanyonflyerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a collectible/restoration policy on my Fieros through American Family Insurance. My '86 GT is about 150 bucks a year and my '85 Sport is less. We use them on all of our cars and though they're not as cheap as some of the other competitors, they've never tried to pull any shenanigans when we've needed a claim filed.

------------------
Owner of:

1985 Pontiac Fiero Sport 2.5 liter 5 speed Isuzu
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8 liter 5 speed Muncie 282

JJFieroFan

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JJFieroFanSend a Private Message to JJFieroFanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
American family was good when we totaled a car and it was my elderly parents fault. The car was paid for. They gave me retail value to replace the car with another of the same year which was what I had intended to do. They did right by us for sure. I did have to send photos of the Fiero I purchased last year. I have a decent rate. I would have to look it up.

[This message has been edited by JJFieroFan (edited 02-01-2014).]

bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pay something like $40 a month for the liability insurance on my fiero through Progressive...and I'm 25. I'd check that out again.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bjc 350:

I have American Modern insurance on two of my Fiero's. One is a 350 small block which costs $114.00 a year, with an agreed value of $10,000. The other is an 84 with a 3.8 SC motor, agreed value of $6000, which costs a whopping $38.00 per year. I have two other collector cars on this policy, and the total premium is $466.00 this year. The big drawback, is that they can only be driven 1000 miles each per year. They do have to be kept in a locked garage, too. Don't try to buy collector insurance, and then drive them daily. I believe the Fiero's are considered "specialty cars". I have had other stock Fiero's on this same policy without any issues. I'm not sure, but they may have other mileage tiers at additional cost.

Funny, American modern removed my fiero off my policy stating they were mass produced and not appreciating in value.
Progressive just quoted me $65 a month, but I'm gonna see what haggerty says.
They quoted me $499 approx a year for the Fiero (3000 agreed value) and my delorean ( 20,000) agreed value and they accepted the quote online (automatic quote) for the cars to be in the driveway. I sent photos showing how they are covered with wheel locks on them and parked behind my daily drivers. I sure hope I get it when it's reviewed this week.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

vizzionn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vizzionnSend a Private Message to vizzionnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
strange i have errie insurence on my 88 fiero and my 88 dodge truck and pay $36 a month but thats just for straight liabilty tho plus im 43 that helps to and i have a clean driving record
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bmac:

I pay something like $40 a month for the liability insurance on my fiero through Progressive...and I'm 25. I'd check that out again.

Is that a 2M4? Before my first Fiero I got a quote on an eBay 2M4 VIN. It was a lot less than what I had to pay when I first got a 2M6.

+1 on don't get collector insurance then drive outside the coverage. Notice the rates aren't all that much different for regular liability that lets you drive.
bmac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bmacSend a Private Message to bmacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is on an 87 GT. However, I guess I should also have noted that I now live in a town of around 2,000 people so I'm sure that dropped my premiums significantly.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 07:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My SuperBee was $95 every 6 months for agreed value of $30,000 and full coverage. My Ferrari kit also for $30,000, was about $125 for 6 months. Im 65 with pretty clean record. All mine also include road service and rental car.
PFF
System Bot
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone saying that they have a agree value, and pay xxx number of dollars per month, Nobody is saying what the agree value is. On a agree value what is your car worth? I'm thinking of collector car ins. on mine and I'm thinking 20,000.00 dollars agree value
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For several years, I had American Collector Insurance, and they insured my Pontiac Fiero (1987 Fiero SE / V6). The agreed upon value was $7,500 at the time, and my premium was something like $90 dollars a year. This gave me full coverage, plus liability. I was only allowed to drive the car for 2,500 miles a year, which included car shows, and on the weekend (but not to work). I could drive it during the week now and then, if it wasn't to go to work. They also insured my Volkswagen Bus.

They made me send pictures of the Volkswagen Bus, but NOT of my Fiero for some reason.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use Grundy at the moment and have four "agreed value" vehicles (Meras) that range from $15 k to $45 k. The total cost is about $1000 per year but I have never made a claim so I cannot say how the companies handle policy issues.

Nelson
steve308

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Grundy - agreed value $14,500.00 with 300k liability / Garaged - kids can't drive it - Is ok to take to work occasionally, ok to drive for pleasure on occasions , ok for shows, Cars and Coffee, cruise night etc.., Not for daily use or trips to the store for beer. $150.00 ish per year. Pictures were required.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

For several years, I had American Collector Insurance, and they insured my Pontiac Fiero (1987 Fiero SE / V6). The agreed upon value was $7,500 at the time, and my premium was something like $90 dollars a year.

I just applied to ACI and they quoted me $242/year with an agreed value of $12,500.00 and estimated 2,000 miles/year. Let's see if I get accepted...
bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IKOOL, These are the fees for my current policy with American Modern.

*Liability-for me and my wife-$79.00
*66 Corvette 427/425 convertible 4 spd-$196.00 agreed $40,000
*62 Morris Mini-$39.00 agreed $8,000
*86 Fiero modified 350 sb. $114.00- agreed $10,000
*84 Fiero 3.8 SC $38.00 agreed $6,000

In a nut shell, locked garage, only 1000 miles per year for pleasure and shows/parades.

I'm nearly 70 and live in N.W. Oregon which may affect rates compared to a metropolitan area.
Total this year $466.00. I can not tell you the quality of American Modern, since I have never had a claim. If you have problems, that should be where your quality insurance "agent" goes to bat for you!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2014 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Even if you have an agreed value, still best to be able to produce reciepts or an official appraisal if needed. All insurance companies try to snake their way out of whatever they can. Thats what they do. I did have to supply photos of all 4 sides, interior and engine compartment. I had file folders 4" thick with reciepts on each of mine.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 02-02-2014).]

a_bartle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for a_bartleSend a Private Message to a_bartleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Hagerty on all my old cars, reasonable rates, been very happy with them (had a claim on the '86 GT too).
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
L & B,

I'm located in Sayville, Suffolk County NY. American collectors has me covered at $215 per yr with normal mileage & usage limitations.
jhgraham

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jhgrahamClick Here to visit jhgraham's HomePageSend a Private Message to jhgrahamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have Hagerty Collector Insurance and have been very satisfied. 86 Fiero 2D COUPE, Guaranteed Value $12,000.00, FULL COVERAGE, Antique Tags

BI = $300K
PD - $50K
UM - $300K
ME = $5K per person/per accident
Spare parts $750
Etc.-------
Price $207 per year.
No garage restrictions

Antique Tags limit travel but does allow one 24 hours trip, interstate, per week. Allows all travel for all related car show and maintenance etc.
PFF
System Bot
Knight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KnightSend a Private Message to KnightEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hagarty requires that you have one daily driver for each licensed person in your house. And strictly pleasure. Can't be used for "errands" like shopping or dr visits. So they told me today. I have a 86se for $5500 agreed value and 6000 miles/year and a 1996 Mustang GT convertible for 4000miles/yr. clicked modified for Fiero and stock for mustang. Mustand required a min $10000 agreed value. ..... $763/yr with $0 deductible and a $20 each up charge for coverage while being in a shop getting fixed/restoration.
Problem is I have licensed adult and my 17 yo daughter and only one other vehicle. Sucks. NOT ELIGIBLE FOR HAGARTY.
They suggested I go to State Farm as they have regular and classic car insurance.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well haggerty won't insure me because in New York state their underwriter requires locked garage storage. I can rent my neighbors garage but it has to be cleaned out first so I guess ill have to go uninsured for a little while. Trying to get my 1981 Delorean and my 1985 fiero on the same collector
Policy. I'm gonna try Grundy but the woman said I have to send in all required documents And photos of the cars and wait for underwriter approval. Most likely they will ask for photos in the gArage too. I guess I could pay progressive 700 a year for just liability on the fiero and get collector insurance on the Delorean. I would like to drive the fiero a lot In The summer when I'm on vacation and liability will allow me unlimited driving on the fiero.maybe that's the best idea.. I dunno... Still looking around.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For the record I hate any insurance that tells me when and what I can use my own car for. For that reason, its nice to just cover it with regular insurance.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well haggerty won't insure me because in New York state their underwriter requires locked garage storage. I can rent my neighbors garage but it has to be cleaned out first so I guess ill have to go uninsured for a little while. Trying to get my 1981 Delorean and my 1985 fiero on the same collector
Policy. I'm gonna try Grundy but the woman said I have to send in all required documents And photos of the cars and wait for underwriter approval. Most likely they will ask for photos in the gArage too. I guess I could pay progressive 700 a year for just liability on the fiero and get collector insurance on the Delorean. I would like to drive the fiero a lot In The summer when I'm on vacation and liability will allow me unlimited driving on the fiero.maybe that's the best idea.. I dunno... Still looking around.

I have grundy all they wanted was pics of each car. Just corner exterior shots, not even interior or engine. No garage pics. I took mine outside, one of the cars wasnt even at home where the pic was taken. I would bet they look up your address on google maps and see if there appears to be a garage though. Since you are choosing the dollar amount you want to insure it for, all they do is look at the number and if its in the ballpark then say you are good to go. Apparently the range is very big, I had mine insured for 6k at first, more now, but have had others say theres is insured for 15k, these are "stock" Fieros. I have had a claim, they were great about it. Grundy even insures any car you want for "agreed value", not just classics or collectibles. The lack of garage may be a hang up though.

You can drive it for fun, just not daily for example to work. I have taken mine to work, and left from work at the end of the day to go to a carshow 150 miles away. As I undersrtand it that is covered. I could even take it to get somethign at the store, if its for fun, its covered. When I stay somewhere (like the Fiero 30th anniiversary) it sits in a hotel parking lot. When at home it sits in the garage.

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 02-04-2014).]

DaytonTD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaytonTDSend a Private Message to DaytonTDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys are lucky I pay $1800 up here in Canada just for fire theft vandalism and liability with a perfect driving record (non-collector insurance though). I need to look into antique insurance.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am gonna print out the Grundy application and email it to them With cAr pictures and hope for the best .

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaytonTD:

You guys are lucky I pay $1800 up here in Canada just for fire theft vandalism and liability with a perfect driving record (non-collector insurance though). I need to look into antique insurance.

For sure look up some of their websites it will likley be worth it for you.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah Grundy ! The car is Completely Fixed from the wreck, and I still Haven't Gotten Paid by Grundy ! (Philadelphia Indemnity ) The best rates in the world don't mean much If they Don't pay up when you file a claim.
Lou and Blue

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2014 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just called Allstate and since I have homeowners with them I can get basic liability on the fiero for just under $800 or full coverage for $1100 a year BUT I get $450 off my homeowners premium which pays for the fiero for about 7 months out of the year ( if i just get liabiity) Not bad, probably go with that and get collectors insurance just for the delorean. Then I can drive my fiero all summer and store it in my driveway and not have to worry. Ill rent my neighbors garage to store my delorean.
Thanks for everyone's input.

------------------
Louis Duet
Baldwin, Long Island, NY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Blue" <= '85 Fiero GT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
VIN #5835
Stock PRV engine
Robertson Equipped

[This message has been edited by Lou and Blue (edited 02-04-2014).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic