Fuel Leak! by 4thfiero
Started on: 01-29-2014 05:53 PM
Replies: 8 (117 views)
Last post by: Csjag on 01-29-2014 09:03 PM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So my fuel is dripping out of my Fuel filter like crazy!

if you are looking at the fuel filter form the passanger side of the car, its the side closest to you (or the passanger side of the vehicle) thats leaking, right where the fuel lines goes into the filter...ive tried tighting it, but its still leaking. not sure what its problem is, i noticed the filter has a big silver nut of its own...do i need to crank the silver nut LEFT while cranking the fuel line RIGHT??? All ive been doing is cranking the fuel line RIGHT to tighten it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
John DeHaan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for John DeHaanSend a Private Message to John DeHaanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You need to have a wrench on the filter nut when you are tightening the fuel line nut otherwise you won't get enough torque on it to get a seal
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Okay good to know...last question...is it possible that i might have loosened the filter nut? is that possible? like can the fillter nut be loosened from the filter itself?
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The filter nut is welded to the filter, it is possible that you cracked the filter housing thus causing the leak.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you replaced the old fuel filter,the O ring may have stuck to the filter. Probubley a good Idea to replace them anyway....Too big or too small could allso cause a fuel leak.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh it's welded! kk, i'll check, thanks guys!
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4thfiero:

...do i need to crank the silver nut LEFT while cranking the fuel line RIGHT???

Drives me nuts when people refer to turning a fitting "left" or "right". Think about it... it makes no sense!

It's "clockwise" or "counter-clockwise".
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You will need to hold the filter nut from moving at all while you tighten the fuel line nut. You do not want the filter nut to turn because then the whole filter will turn.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock