wiper question by dematrix86gt
Started on: 01-29-2014 02:12 AM
Replies: 6 (280 views)
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 02-01-2014 03:53 PM
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 02:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Recently had a board burn up on my wiper motor. Replaced with a new motor and pulse board now pulse works as it should, Lo works good, Hi is the same speed as low. Then when i went the off position, Off is Hi anyone run into this?

[This message has been edited by dematrix86gt (edited 01-29-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TriumphFetish

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TriumphFetishSend a Private Message to TriumphFetishEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like maybe the switch shorted out when the board fried... I'm not familiar with the pulse switch but you should be able to disconnect the switch and using a test meter see if it's bad. Good luck.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything matched up correctly? Pulse board, pulse motor, pulse switch?
dematrix86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything matched, same part numbers too.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2014 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the switch in the turn signal arm can become rotated to a point where the speeds are in different detents. Have you had the switch apart?

I used to have the phantom wipe problem until I put an '88 circuit board in. One of the easiest swaps you can do and the problem has been solved for several months since.

Jonathan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock