Started on: 01-27-2014 10:19 AM
Replies: 6 (289 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 01-29-2014 08:22 PM
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroClick Here to Email KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since Koni doesn't make front shocks for the 88's anymore. I've been searching for an alternative.
Thru cross referencing what works on an 88 to where those work on other cars I found this.

There's several other applications that might work that have different Koni part numbers.

I'll have to dig more into this but thought I'd open a discussion for anyone wanting Koni's on there 88's

http://www.summitracing.com...n-80401020/overview/

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillClick Here to Email WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The big thing that makes the '88 shocks difficult to adapt is the very short collapsed length... if you can get an interchangeable body, then the Koni custom shop can install whatever valving you want into it.
eunospeed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedClick Here to Email eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking for a solution too, I would really like something better than Monroe struts. I'll be watching this thread....
Fierobsessed

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedClick Here to Email FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IIRC, aren't 90's - 00's S10/blazer shocks similar to 88 fronts? I don't have a clue about the length issue, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroClick Here to Email KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

The big thing that makes the '88 shocks difficult to adapt is the very short collapsed length... if you can get an interchangeable body, then the Koni custom shop can install whatever valving you want into it.

This is exactly my concern. I'll investigate soon to see if I can find a shock that fits. I don't think this is a deal killer. On the 88's you can raise the top shock mount if needed.
My other concern is that these are designed for older muscle cars. I'm not a shock engineer, but I imagine there are differences in the valving.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mid 70's D100 trucks use a front shock that is almost the exact same length as the 88 front and uses the same mounting method. For some odd reason it still being manufactured and 3 versions of the shock are actually in stock items at my local Autozone. There are several variations and they even come in larger piston sizes.

Just one of those things I stumbled across one day looking for something else.

------------------
fieroguruperformance.com

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaClick Here to Email qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would love a fix for this. I bought the AMS tubular upper/lower control arm kit w/ QA1 shocks. I almost bought the WCF lower A arm kit that puts a hole in the middle and you install a drop in fitting, but I was not sure if the whole thing was a good idea.

Keep up the search.

Rob

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock