Door lock replacement by BrittB
Started on: 01-26-2014 01:30 PM
Replies: 8 (309 views)
Last post by: BrittB on 01-28-2014 08:04 PM
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To replace the door lock cylinders, do I need to remove the black trim strip on the door skin?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It appears that it does not have to come off but I've also discovered that whoever removed the lock originally, (it was missing when I got the car), had no idea what they were doing and the result is a messed up inner door panel and no locking clip or lever for the cylinder as well as no clip for the rod to cylinder lever. The dummies also decided that the moisture barrier was optional, good thing this car stays inside! Now I have to figure out which parts will interchange with an 85 Fiero, This really sucks!

[This message has been edited by BrittB (edited 01-26-2014).]

Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I do know that the outside door handles interchange with the Camaro so maybe the other things do also
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you probably have figured out the lock is all done from the inside.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 01-26-2014).]

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I need one of those cylinder clips, one of those levers on the back side of the cylinder, and the rod clip for the drivers side. May have to call the Fiero Store tomorrow!
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just go to any junkyard. Almost any GM of any year will fit (up to 90s probably). Yard will prob give it to you or charge a dollar...and you dont have to pay shipping. I have a drawer full of them, but it would cost you shipping anyway if I gave them to you.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 01-27-2014).]

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Just go to any junkyard. Almost any GM of any year will fit (up to 90s probably). Yard will prob give it to you or charge a dollar...and you dont have to pay shipping. I have a drawer full of them, but it would cost you shipping anyway if I gave them to you.

I would buy them from you if you wanted to sell them. By the time I get off work it's too late to go wrecking yard running and these guys give nothing away!

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can send you a few assorted GM locks with arms, retainer clips and some rod clips. Rods themselves are specific for cars, but you can bend your own. I dont have keys for any of the locks so if you use the lock itself, you need to have it rekeyed or a key made for it. $6.00 shipping for all in a small box. No charge for the parts. You can pm me for address.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pm on it's way!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock