Reflectors in Rear Bumper by WhateverUSMC
Started on: 01-25-2014 09:15 AM
Replies: 8 (279 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 01-25-2014 07:21 PM
WhateverUSMC

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhateverUSMCSend a Private Message to WhateverUSMCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New-To-Restoration Stupid Question Time; are the lower reflectors located in the rear bumper supposed to light up/blink?

As always, thanks for your time. I've worked on Fieros before, but this time I am encountering some things I haven't faced before...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Csjag

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CsjagSend a Private Message to CsjagEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe they are just reflectors, no question is stupid. Enjoy your car.
WhateverUSMC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhateverUSMCSend a Private Message to WhateverUSMCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TY, I'll have to get someone else to hit the brakes while I check it out. My daughter seemed to think the one on the right lit up.
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They are ONLY reflectors.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some owners replace the reflectors with back-up lights when the stock tail light assmbly is replaced with a modified tail light assmbly.
WhateverUSMC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhateverUSMCSend a Private Message to WhateverUSMCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I may not know a lot, but I know the tail light assy is in fact stock. Maybe the sunlight hit it and made it look lit somehow. Just means I only have to replace the reverse lights and a few sensors, and I'm rolling!

Thanks as always; you guys are the Mr. Miyagi of Fiero knowledge.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, reflectors only.
Reflectors are required to make car "Street legal" too because Fiero taillights have no reflectors.

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have since mounted my tag with reflective bolts/caps.

Originally posted by Old Lar:

Some owners replace the reflectors with back-up lights when the stock tail light assmbly is replaced with a modified tail light assmbly.

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock theyre just reflectors. Pretty sure theyre held in by 2 sheet metal clips on the back from the factory. Some replace them with 2 sided tape after a paint job.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock