Adjusting Banjo on Rodney's Master Cylinder by fiero5150
Started on: 01-24-2014 03:24 PM
Replies: 5 (252 views)
Last post by: carbon on 01-25-2014 11:58 AM
fiero5150

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero5150Send a Private Message to fiero5150Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I installed a new (Rodney's) Master Cylinder. I need to adjust the banjo to bring the clutch up an inch or so (after the installation, the pedal dropped about a 1/2 below the brake pedal). Can I adjust the banjo while it is attached to the clutch pedal or do I have to disconnect it from the clutch pedal first? Also, is it best to do the adjusting by turning the banjo or does the adjusting have to be done by turning the nut on the banjo? Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It would probably be best to email Rodney. That way you'd get the correct answer instead of all the various ways we would do it. Rodney is very quick to answer and gives good product support.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just have to loosen the synch nut and turn the threaded rod out. I have the adjustable banjo on a stock Fiero MC and it is a godsend

Arn
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can loosen the nut and turn the push rod. It might be a bit hard to turn the rod with your fingers. So:

Loosen the lock nut. Take the retaining clip off and take the banjo off the pedal and turn the banjo. Once you have it where you want it reinstall the clip and then tighten the lock nut.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

fiero5150

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero5150Send a Private Message to fiero5150Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received a message from Rodney regarding adjusting the banjo. He said to loosen the lock nut. Then take the retaining clip off. Then take the banjo off the pedal and turn the banjo. Once you have it where you want it, reinstall the clip and tighten the lock nut.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah... we got the message too.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock