Weird Noise!! by 4thfiero
Started on: 01-20-2014 01:13 PM
Replies: 9 (252 views)
Last post by: dematrix86gt on 02-08-2014 11:29 AM
4thfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone, I have finally got my vehicle up to "good" status, the only complaints i have left are these 2 weird noises im hoping someone might be able to help with...

1) When accelerating from a stop there is a creaking noise coming from the rear of the car somewhere...like a creaky door opening, i dont hear it when im going like 20kph or above...but at very slow 1st gear speeds, pumping the gas and urking the car forward, any ideas?

2) I think i know what this is but i'll ask anyways, when accelerating while in 4th an 5th (noise gets worse with harder accelerating in a higher gear) i hear this sound that sounds like....wind mixed with a soft rattle or a gurgling...the noise was about 80% fixed yesterday when i changed the gaskets around my erg dome...maybe i have a cracked tube and that's the noise?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 4thfiero:

1) When accelerating from a stop there is a creaking noise coming from the rear of the car somewhere...like a creaky door opening, i dont hear it when im going like 20kph or above...but at very slow 1st gear speeds, pumping the gas and urking the car forward, any ideas?

You always wonder about motor mounts with that sort of description, although I must admit I am not familiar with 'urking'.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking that, or maybe sub frame bolts???
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have a helper, they should see the engine move as you are urking the car....(standing from a safe place). You also may be able to put the car in gear and rock it back and forth (engine off) to see engine movement. Any twisting motion would be a bad engine/trans mount.
4thfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2014 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 4thfieroSend a Private Message to 4thfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could probably see that on a dyno too right? There's a shop i might take the car too that can dyno it.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Strut noise maybe?

What is an "erg dome"?
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Strut noise maybe?

What is an "erg dome"?

EGR valve? Kinda looks like a dome... if Aztecs made domes.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

EGR valve? Kinda looks like a dome... if Aztecs made domes.

It does!
Earnie_B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earnie_BSend a Private Message to Earnie_BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine was making the same sound usually in first gear from a stop, sometimes after shifting to second. I just got the car back from the shop today after having the engine and transmission mounts replaced. Noise is gone. Total parts cost less than $50.00 and $60.00 labor. My mechanic said the mounts weren't deformed but were probably original and just worn out.
dematrix86gt

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dematrix86gtSend a Private Message to dematrix86gtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Had that same prob and mine turned out to be that little shock looking thing on the cradle on the firewall side. I sprayed the inside full of silicone spray and the noise went away so i picked up another one and replaced it. worth a shot to spray yours and see if it goes away.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock