engine sounds by luckymidget43
Started on: 01-19-2014 05:36 AM
Replies: 4 (121 views)
Last post by: luckymidget43 on 01-19-2014 01:54 PM
luckymidget43

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for luckymidget43Send a Private Message to luckymidget43Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 86' 2.8 v6. I have searched all the engine related topics and didnt seam to find my problem so here I go. My engine idles just fine and runs real good but when I put my foot in the throttle it gets to spitting and sputtering and popping and this happens after my rpms have gone over 3700 to 5500. When I let off the throttle and the engine gets below 3700 rpms the
sound goes away. all of the vacuum lines have been replaced as stated before the engine idles and runs great. Thank you for your info. luckymidget43
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a similar issue decades ago in my Vega and it was corrosion in the distributor.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Might be a few causes....throttle position sensor?
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have you checked the timing?
luckymidget43

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for luckymidget43Send a Private Message to luckymidget43Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I replaced the dist., spark plug wires and plugs. I havent replace tps. I will replace the tps and go from there ..The timing is correct

[This message has been edited by luckymidget43 (edited 01-19-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock