3800 Coolant Drain on Engine? by don297
Started on: 01-18-2014 04:57 PM
Replies: 2 (197 views)
Last post by: don297 on 01-19-2014 12:47 PM
don297

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So theres a bolt next to the crank pulley, on the right, when removed coolant drains from it. Problem is that when i took my engine apart, i didn't label which bolt goes there. the only one I have left that will fit is identical to the engine mount bolts on the left side of the engine. (It has some kind of washer on it) Is this the proper bolt to use? If so, anyone know torque specs or if i should use threadlocker on it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My engine has no original bolts whatso ever, I just matched up threads and measured and ordered online or hardware store... Use whatever bolt matches and use thread SEALANT on bolts that go into coolant passages.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

don297

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for don297Send a Private Message to don297Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:

My engine has no original bolts whatso ever, I just matched up threads and measured and ordered online or hardware store... Use whatever bolt matches and use thread SEALANT on bolts that go into coolant passages.

Would threadlocker blue work as a sealant?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock