3800 Swap wrap up by Merlinhaggard
Started on: 01-18-2014 11:11 AM
Replies: 7 (186 views)
Last post by: Merlinhaggard on 01-19-2014 04:05 PM
Merlinhaggard

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have 2 threads out there and would like to delete them and go from here. Is it possible to delete them?

I think Im at the final stage of my swap and have a few questions.

1. Should I run my fuel tank vent to the large vacuum on the throttle body?

2. Can I run the drivers side coolant hose to the drivers side neck on the engine and pass side to the other?

3. I dont have a connector for cruise cntl on my harness. I guess I wont have cruise cntl? Is it possible to have cruise cntl with a swap?

4. Where do I run the 2 old vent lines near the dog bone to?

Are there any other things I should consider?

I couldn't do this without your guys help. I really do appreciate all the help I've gotten!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Merlinhaggard:

I have 2 threads out there and would like to delete them and go from here. Is it possible to delete them?

I think Im at the final stage of my swap and have a few questions.

1. Should I run my fuel tank vent to the large vacuum on the throttle body?

No, if anything you want to run it to your air filter tube / cold air intake tube. I typically vent to atmosphere.

2. Can I run the drivers side coolant hose to the drivers side neck on the engine and pass side to the other?

Yes. You will then fill easiest by removing the driver side hose, putting a long funnel into the hose, and filling with coolant from there.

3. I dont have a connector for cruise cntl on my harness. I guess I wont have cruise cntl? Is it possible to have cruise cntl with a swap?

Cruise is a tough deal on a fiero. There is extensive information on cruise on GMTuners.com

4. Where do I run the 2 old vent lines near the dog bone to?

Part of the stock evap and cruise system. Most likely not needed if you are not using either of those systems.
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks so much!!

What then do I do with the large vent on the throttle body?

I still have 2 connectors that I dont know what to do with.

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The single connector is for power trunk solenoid on 85 Fieros it is in the C500 wiring and the three pin is coolant temp sensor
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Flyer, you've been a savior on this project. Can you tell me where the coolant sensor plugs in? Also, I have a large nipple coming out of the throttle body, Is this for valve cover vent or crankcase vent? Should I just plug it?
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Coolant sensor is on the intake under the thermostat housing you might have a two pin one there if so you need to get a 3 pin sensor.
The 3/8 vacuum fitting on the throttle body can be used for the brake booster or just capped to seal it off.
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea of where I can get a 3 pin sensor?
Merlinhaggard

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2014 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MerlinhaggardSend a Private Message to MerlinhaggardEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pluged up all the vents etc and tightened up the cradle bolts. Few other things. Lot less vibration but its there when I give it gas.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock