Started on: 01-16-2014 06:59 PM
Replies: 9 (262 views)
Last post by: qwikgta on 01-18-2014 11:51 AM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still trying to start my Fiero (3800 SC II), should the tac bounce or not, while the engine is cranking?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have the tach hooked up correctly you should see it rise to about 200 rpm and then drop to zero.

Do you have spark?
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:
If you have the tach hooked up correctly you should see it rise to about 200 rpm and then drop to zero.
Do you have spark?

Im not sure if I got spark,it cranks and ocasionally a slight kick,like its trying, but not enough to actually start. Tach doesnt seem to move (I'll check that again). As for spark, is there any way to check for that. I've sprayed fuel into the intake to see if its fuel related (no start), and disconnected the fuel line to check fuel pressure, yes, I got fuel pressure (tank is full).

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 01-16-2014).]

conan469

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for conan469Click Here to visit conan469's HomePageSend a Private Message to conan469Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pull both wires off of one coil, crank the engine, spark should be visible and loud. Might even jump between towers.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I dont have the oil gauge wireing hooked up yet, would that prevent the car from starting?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you have the spark plug wires on right?

Note Cylinder #1 on the 3800 is on the front cylinder bank (on the 2.8 it is on the rear cylinder bank)

Note - The numbers imprinted on the coils can be wrong since the coils can be unbolted and moved. Follow this picture

Note - Look at the orientation of the coil packs since yours most likely is in a different position

Note - Coil Pack 1/4 is the coil next to the connector

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 01-17-2014).]

James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dumb question,but why is your supercharger on the left? My engine has everything on the right (alternator,battery,supercharger).
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

I dont have the oil gauge wireing hooked up yet, would that prevent the car from starting?

If the wiring is the same as the 2.8 and If the fuel pump relay is bad then yes.
James Bond 007

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LornesGT:

If the wiring is the same as the 2.8 and If the fuel pump relay is bad then yes.

Im getting fuel,but doesn't seem to be getting spark. Engine cranks fine.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by James Bond 007:

Dumb question,but why is your supercharger on the left? My engine has everything on the right (alternator,battery,supercharger).

your joking right? That pic is obviously taken from a GP or another GM FWD car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock