Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Installing Corbeau FX1 Pro seats with the fiero store seat brackets.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Installing Corbeau FX1 Pro seats with the fiero store seat brackets. by djlamp14
Started on: 01-14-2014 11:22 PM
Replies: 4 (739 views)
Last post by: djlamp14 on 01-16-2014 12:52 PM
djlamp14

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if I'll have enough clearance with these seats? I'm worried about them hitting the roof. Here is a link to the seats. I also will be installing a 8 point roll cage. These seats better clear that or I'll have all sorts of head aches.
http://www.filthymotorsport...1_Pro_p/corb-fx1.htm

Here is the bracket I will use to mount it like factory
http://www.fierostore.com/P...0%20RECARO&d=272&p=2

------------------
11.8@115mph 1/4 mile 1999 Regal GSX being demodded for swap into a 87 Fiero GT.
11 sec pass>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQT4X2eBlR8

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think they should fit as long as your cage doesn't run directly over the highest point of the seat.

I have sparco sprint seats in mine (mounted to the stock rails) for reference:

Based on the dimensions on the web, your seats are 2" taller. Looks like theres at least 2" of room in the picture I posted.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
could you be so kind as to take a picture with a tape measure or yard stick inside you car? I would do this myself but I'm 200 miles away from my car. If nothing else could you just show me how much room is really left above your seats.

You say you used stock brackets...how hard were they to modify? If its easy I might as well save $100 on custom brackets
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car is in storage so it's pretty dark in there. I couldn't get a picture for you but I did get a measurement.

4" exactly from the top of my seat to the roof. So you should have 2" with those seats if you use the stock brackets. I'm not sure how high those other brackets/rails build.

Conveniently with my Sparco seats, the width of the bolt pattern was exactly the same as the stock Fiero seats. If my memory serves me correctly it was 13.5"

Then I could do this:

I just lined up the front holes with the Sparco seat, and redrilled 2 new holes for the rear. Bolted it up and I was done.

If your seat has side mounts it could be really simple. Just use the side mounts and mount those to the stock seat rails.
djlamp14

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2014 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for djlamp14Send a Private Message to djlamp14Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They have both side and bottom mounts. I think I'll see if the seat fits on a stock bracket first.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock