Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  3800 SCII Simple vac/boost diagram, need advice for my build.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
3800 SCII Simple vac/boost diagram, need advice for my build. by fisherlr777
Started on: 01-14-2014 08:44 AM
Replies: 1 (93 views)
Last post by: phonedawgz on 01-14-2014 09:21 AM
fisherlr777

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fisherlr777Send a Private Message to fisherlr777Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm definitly looking for advice, This is my point of attack so far for my 3800 build. (i'm still a newb, and trying to wrap my mind around the fluid dynamics of air and engines in general)

So evap stuff deleted, the stuff that MUST stay is the MAP sensor,and the fuel pressure regulator (both boosted) I plan to leave the boost control valve so as to save a bit of gas at idle (probably not that big of a difference?)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2014 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most (all?) 3800 SC Boost Bypass Valves have a dual vacuum source, one being LIM (Boost & Vacuum) the other being just Vacuum. Then on the boost side of the BBV there is the BBV solenoid.

I like moving the MAP from on top of the engine to the transmission. It cleans up the top of the engine.

I also like keeping the Evap Purge Solenoid. It allows you to keep the charcoal canister and doesn't affect performance. If kept the Evap Purge Solenoid is located between the vacuum only source and the purge port on the canister.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock