Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Don't ever buy a Northstar engined vehicle this is the worst engine of all time. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Don't ever buy a Northstar engined vehicle this is the worst engine of all time. by Boogaloo
Started on: 01-12-2014 10:39 PM
Replies: 86 (4948 views)
Last post by: Reallybig on 01-18-2014 09:13 PM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:
You are in for the biggest surprise of your life so I won't even go there, my drag racing days are over and have nothing to prove by giving out ## and HP at the wheel how ever with the new turbo setup I am even more satisfied.

Put up or shut up.
IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:
You are in for the biggest surprise of your life so I won't even go there, my drag racing days are over and have nothing to prove by giving out ## and HP at the wheel how ever with the new turbo setup I am even more satisfied.

Oh please!

You're killing us here!

Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

So your stock 3800 SC rolls through the traps in the 1/4 at 120 MPH? LOL. Good one.

I notice your name isn't on that 1/4 mile list. How about you go take it to the track this weekend and get some actual times then if you want to compare how fast your car is to those N* cars?

My guess is you'll run high 13's and trap around 95 MPH, assuming you even know how to launch the car and drive it down a drag strip. If you're lucky. You'd probably actually be closer to mid 14's and 90 MPH. That'd put you 1.5 seconds behind Will's time, and 12 MPH under his trap speed.

I've trapped 112 with the new engine, but have wheel hop problems and haven't gotten a new best ET yet.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2014 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:
I've trapped 112 with the new engine, but have wheel hop problems and haven't gotten a new best ET yet.

Nice! Hope you can get the wheel hop resolved.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Nice! Hope you can get the wheel hop resolved.

Me too... it has the trap speed for 11's. Already twisted the splines off my left CV joint cup going for a 1.7 sixty and 7 second 1/8 mile.
ericjon262

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 01:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ericjon262Send a Private Message to ericjon262Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will:

Me too... it has the trap speed for 11's. Already twisted the splines off my left CV joint cup going for a 1.7 sixty and 7 second 1/8 mile.

Impossible, your car has a N*, the worst engine EVER made...
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-18-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I liked how around the 4min 44 second mark he blames me "the viewer" for getting him all confused...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock