Exhaust question...PLEASE HELP by Lou and Blue
Started on: 01-11-2014 07:27 PM
Replies: 2 (94 views)
Last post by: uhlanstan on 01-11-2014 09:19 PM
Lou and Blue

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou and BlueClick Here to Email Lou and BlueSend a Private Message to Lou and BlueEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hi I have an '85 GT and I need the exhaust pipe that goes from the cat to the inlet on the muffler, when I search exhaust , all I can find is the complete cat,back setup. But my muffler and tips are good and so,is my cat, I just need the pipe from the cat to the muffler inlet. It kinda has a question mark shape.
Any help is appreciated as to where I can buy this section of pipe separate from the muffler.
Thank you,
Louis and " Blue "
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Click Here to Email 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think anyone sells them in peace's, not that I have seen anyway, but I did replace a section that got damaged on my friends lift by the lift arms. I just cut the section out and went to a custom muffler shop and had him make me a peace that he expanded on the ends to fit over the parts of the old muffler that was left I had to put clamps on. worked just fine and wasn't all that expensive if I remember right, my memory is shot but I am sure it was under 50 bucks.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post01-11-2014 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanClick Here to Email uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you would need to cut the piece from a salvage Fiero, or Fiero parts car !! when you make your cuts they have to be as close to the cat & muffler as possible you may have to hack saw thru some weld every centimeter counts the more length the easier your install.
just grind the weld down.
save every centimeter of length,,on the muffler end & the cat end.. it makes the install SO MUCH easier
& yes it is a pain in the anal trac to do this but worth it,, the Fiero needs the freeist flowing exhaust possible

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock