Started on: 01-11-2014 12:21 PM
Replies: 11 (491 views)
Last post by: Joseph Upson on 01-15-2014 10:17 PM
yellowstone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trying to decide the best rise height, what I had was too low for Miami streets and I ended up cracking my rockers...

After some tinkering, this is what I have now:

Front:

Rear

Overall:

I think the rear has to come down again a bit - what do you think?

------------------

Recent major upgrades with aweseome TLG Automotive parts

www.yellowfiero.com Pictures Modifications

[This message has been edited by yellowstone (edited 01-11-2014).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking maybe the front should come up a bit. You wouldn't want those rockers bottoming out on a speed bump.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMHO it looks great the way it sits. I'm about to adjust my rear coil overs to lower the rear end. I will shoot to get mine about where yours is sitting.
LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Kolja
Take it back to Phil and raise the front to level the car.
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good to me right where it sits. I like a little rake on a fastback.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looking good as it sits.

My experience is the lower the ride height the less forgiveness going in driveways and the like

Arn
84fiero123

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

My experience is the lower the ride height the less forgiveness going in driveways and the like

Arn

Same here, but then I don't live in the big city anymore but driveways do tend to do a number on frt spoilers as well as rockers. Then there is always the pot hole to remember, I think the standard height is still to low for anywhere but the race track.

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Trying to decide the best rise height, what I had was too low for Miami streets and I ended up cracking my rockers...

After some tinkering, this is what I have now:

[B]Originally posted by yellowstone:[/B
I think the rear has to come down again a bit - what do you think?

You asked, so what I think is that it might be more prudent to...
  1. EITHER raise the front to eliminate the rake, presumably lowering the risk of cracked rocker panels,
  2. OR leave the front and the rear alone --- IF you already know your Fiero's current set-up, which you've photographed above, won't end up cracking your Fiero's rocker panels (as you reported having experienced with an earlier set-up on your Fiero).
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That front is too low especially over on lower southbeach where the roads are bad and unevernn with them bricks.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bigger wheels and tires maybe?
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

IMHO it looks great the way it sits. I'm about to adjust my rear coil overs to lower the rear end. I will shoot to get mine about where yours is sitting.

This past weekend I adjusted my rear coilovers down about an inch for the rear ride height. The front end of my car sits a little higher than yours, but I kept about the same front/rear rake as yours in the photos. Looks great. It took me about twice as long to realign the rear suspension as it did to adjust the coilovers. PITA getting at the rear strut cam bolts with 17" wheels.
PFF
System Bot
Joseph Upson

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2014 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph UpsonSend a Private Message to Joseph UpsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raise the front, a good hard deflection from a big pot hole can take out a front fender if the wheel is deflected hard enough. It happened to me with stock ride height and wheels, the fender split just aft of center of the wheel.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock