F23 Jack Shaft by indygrandprix
Started on: 01-05-2014 10:44 PM
Replies: 6 (434 views)
Last post by: KurtAKX on 01-08-2014 01:24 PM
indygrandprix

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indygrandprixSend a Private Message to indygrandprixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anybody know if any of the f23 transmission cars came with jack shafts so that equal length axles can be run to avoid torque steer?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know about the F23, but most of the 3.1L cars with the 282 Getrag had intermediate shafts. So with some work, you could adapt one of those.

Fieros, with the engine in the rear, don't experience torque steer like the FWD cars do.

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 01-06-2014).]

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguru: Fieros, with the engine in the rear, don't experience torque steer like the FWD cars do.

Exactly. The rear wheels don't steer. So torque steer is a non-issue.
indygrandprix

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2014 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for indygrandprixSend a Private Message to indygrandprixEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm actually doing the swap on my 01 Grand Prix. Sorry if I should have posted in the other vehicles section but since it's 3800 5 speed related I figured it was close enough.

I already have asked around on some Grand Prix forums but the only 5 speed swaps that are well documented are 284 5 speeds and a "failed" F40 swap.

The Fiero community seems to be the best place to go for anything past ordinary customization. Especially if it's mating 3800's to 5 speeds.

Thanks for the info on the 282 intermediate shaft. I guess I should have thought of that since you can use stock fiero axles with the f23.
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know much about them, but what about the Saturn Vue 5 speed?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2014 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KurtAKX:

I don't know much about them, but what about the Saturn Vue 5 speed?

they use an ecotec pattern f23 with some crazy ratios.

Jackshafts have been done on F40's... they are nothing special other than just a bracket to hold it...
KurtAKX

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2014 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KurtAKXSend a Private Message to KurtAKXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

they use an ecotec pattern f23 with some crazy ratios.

Jackshafts have been done on F40's... they are nothing special other than just a bracket to hold it...

Yeah, do they have a jackshaft though? If so, compatible spline form and count with 2.2 style F23?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock