Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  eBay SS Brake lines - anybody bought these?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
eBay SS Brake lines - anybody bought these? by NetCam
Started on: 01-04-2014 11:58 PM
Replies: 6 (449 views)
Last post by: theogre on 01-05-2014 12:21 PM
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2014 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if anybody has tried these brake lines and what their thoughts are on the quality

Thanks in advance!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Banshee

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I purchased them and they look like others. THey have plastic around braid. Will take some pictures tomorrow.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 02:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup, work great

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
Northstar Rebuild

AL87

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been wanting to order a set but there's something weird. the person selling these doesn't list that he sells them in different colors.
85 SE VIN 9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85 SE VIN 9Send a Private Message to 85 SE VIN 9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set of the stainless braided hoses from TFS, but didn't use them because, after sending the order, I found posts that point out that these one-size-fits-all "better idea" hoses really don't and aren't. Standard rubber hoses are of significantly different lengths, no doubt this set that "fits" your car consists of four identical, short plastic tubes with stainless steel braid around them. The rubber hoses also have lines on them to make it possible to assure they are not twisted. Their connection blocks are much larger for a better connection.

The original post I found was on a Jaguar forum, but since then there have been a number of Fiero owners complaining of stainless hoses breaking and leaking, some in very similar locations.

[This message has been edited by 85 SE VIN 9 (edited 01-05-2014).]

Fierotregg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotreggSend a Private Message to FierotreggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've had some on mine for a few years, no problems at all.
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2014 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85 SE VIN 9:
I bought a set of the stainless braided hoses from TFS, but didn't use them because, after sending the order, I found posts that point out that these one-size-fits-all "better idea" hoses really don't and aren't. Standard rubber hoses are of significantly different lengths, no doubt this set that "fits" your car consists of four identical, short plastic tubes with stainless steel braid around them. The rubber hoses also have lines on them to make it possible to assure they are not twisted. Their connection blocks are much larger for a better connection.

The original post I found was on a Jaguar forum, but since then there have been a number of Fiero owners complaining of stainless hoses breaking and leaking, some in very similar locations.

For one thing, "Square end" cannot rotate, causing leaks. Fiero banjo bolts use low torque and easy for universal ends to get loose.
Use rubber hoses that meets newer SAE J1401 standard.

See //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/129208.html

------------------
Dr. Ian Malcolm: Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.
(Jurassic Park)

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top and bottom of every forum page...)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock