3800 fuel pressure gauge by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 01-01-2014 03:08 PM
Replies: 7 (193 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 01-02-2014 10:04 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is there a "FITTING" available to put a Fuel pressure gauge directly onto the shrader valve ?? Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess you mean a permanent gauge not just a test gauge?

The test port on the rail should be standard -4AN, so you should just be able to get a -4AN to 1/8 NPT adapter and then just remove the schrader valve stem.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exactly what I mean, I have a test gauge. would like to install a 1 1/2" gauge permanently. thanks
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't know if I would trust running a fuel line all the way in the car. Too many places to leak.
You may want to check around. You could put a tee at the schrader. One end for test port. The other you could try to find a fuel rail pressure sensor.
Ford has been using one since they went to return less fuel systems. Then you could mount a 0-5v meter in the car. Finding the right combination of adapter would be the hardest part.
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thinking something like this?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090907-2-094065.html
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look around. There used to gauges for R12 (same fitting) that screwed right on the low side fittings from 0-120. The better ones had metal parts. Just would need make sure the oring is compatible with fuel.
NetCam

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like there are lots around. The link to the thread above lists what's needed and some sizes, but the links I tried inside the thread are long dead. One thing I found good food for thought is Ogre's comment about the possibility of leaks. I would suggest not cheaping out on a gauge.

[This message has been edited by NetCam (edited 01-02-2014).]

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
net cam, that's the idea

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock