trying to stay mostly stock by fierodreamer201386
Started on: 12-31-2013 01:40 PM
Replies: 4 (125 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 12-31-2013 04:07 PM
fierodreamer201386

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodreamer201386Send a Private Message to fierodreamer201386Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm curious if the 2.8 v6 can withstand a turbo? I originally wanted to use the supercharged 3.8 I have but I just want more performance out of the stock? Has anyone done this or know off hand about how much I could safely run without trashing the motor? Thanks for the help

------------------
One mans dream another mans project

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierodreamer201386

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodreamer201386Send a Private Message to fierodreamer201386Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gtoformula:

Try this link.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/124426.html

Thanks for the link I had a feeling that was going to be the case, I was hoping there was something I could have done as far as bolt on upgrade for the time being.

So for a novice mechanic the 3800 swap still will probably take me a good majority of time, I'm sure it will sound stupid but you know any links like step by step for the swap?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are some people near you who have already swapped 3800s.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/081969.html

and a guy who makes the swap harnesses.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...4/HTML/056895-6.html

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 12-31-2013).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodreamer201386:

So I'm curious if the 2.8 v6 can withstand a turbo? I originally wanted to use the supercharged 3.8 I have but I just want more performance out of the stock? Has anyone done this or know off hand about how much I could safely run without trashing the motor? Thanks for the help

Just to clarify, from what aspect are you looking at it when you say "trying to stay mostly stock" in the subject?

Is it a question of skill/money, or is it a question of aesthetics?

A turbo will add quite a bit of ducting to the exhaust and intake, so it definitely won't look stock when it's done.

In terms of price, the money needed will probably exceed what would otherwise be needed for an engine swap.

At the end of the day, a 3800 would be cheaper and probably be a bit quicker since you're turboing a stock 2.8.

I'm not against a turbo, I think it would be awesome, but if I was going to go with the V6/60, I'd want to upgrade it... probably go with a 3.4 so that I'd have more displacement.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock