Door window R&R by raysr11
Started on: 12-29-2013 12:52 PM
Replies: 6 (217 views)
Last post by: raysr11 on 12-31-2013 03:48 PM
raysr11

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What loose parts will I need to remove and replace my door window (bolts, fasteners etc.)?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Door trim: pull handle, door trim panel, inner moisture shield.
Inner and outer dews.
You will need to drill out about five rivets that hold the window regular (and motor if you have power windows). I replaced mine with 1/4" bolts and locking nuts.
There are a two large nylon limiting stubs at either end of the window. These will also need to be drilled out.
There may be more, but that's all I can remember off hand.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How long were the bolts you used? And how many?

Thanks for the reply.

[This message has been edited by raysr11 (edited 12-31-2013).]

PatrickTRoof

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pro tip: I had to replace my passenger side window a few years ago. When I put the guide rollers back on, I used toilet flange bolts. No joke! They fit perfectly in the rollers, and you can hacksaw off the extra length.
gtoformula

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gtoformulaSend a Private Message to gtoformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by raysr11:

How long were the bolts you used? And how many?

Thanks for the reply.

Again, this is from memory. As I recall there are five bolts that hold the window regulator to the door frame (power window car). I used 1/4"x1/2" bolts for those five/door and 1/4"x3/4" (might been 1" instead of 3/4") for the two/door window stops. That would be 10 1/4"x1/2" bolts and 4 1/4"x3/4" bolts for two doors.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one new window w/o rollers and one used window with rollers. Do you remember what you used for the rollers? And what did you use for the guides? I bought a set of Fiero Store guides.
Thanks so much for the help. Things go so much smoother when you have the right stuff for the job before you start. Plus I'm 50 miles from the nearest place to source this stuff.
raysr11

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for raysr11Send a Private Message to raysr11Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

raysr11

1254 posts
Member since Nov 2008
Dupe, please delete.

[This message has been edited by raysr11 (edited 12-31-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave