Gas Pedal Pad by fiero5150
Started on: 12-28-2013 03:14 PM
Replies: 1 (281 views)
Last post by: Fiero84Freak on 12-29-2013 12:02 AM
fiero5150

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero5150Send a Private Message to fiero5150Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock 1988 GT, with 5 speed. The rectangular plastic (rubber?) pedal pad has a broken piece that prevents the pad from being held upright against the metal brake pedal. As it is now, the tension spring on the pad causes the pad to be tipped downward, perpendicular to the floorboard. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement pad? Also, installation instructions? Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakClick Here to Email Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The accelerator pedal pad is commonly worn out or damaged with use and because it's made out of a more plastic-y material when compared to the brake and clutch pedals. You can get the accelerator pad itself from The Fiero Store.

I haven't looked down in that area since March when I put on a new throttle cable, but if I remember right the entire pedal assembly is just kind of snapped into the underside of the pedal on the pivot point. You shouldn't have to remove the actual pedal arm assembly to replace the pedal pad.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock