Original rims by newfiejeff
Started on: 12-27-2013 08:39 PM
Replies: 13 (572 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 12-28-2013 11:43 PM
newfiejeff

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What rims came with the 1986 base model Fiero, was it aluminum or steel rims?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
They would have been steel wheels with small plastic hub caps on the base model.

newfiejeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfiejeffSend a Private Message to newfiejeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So to keep it stock it would be steel wheels, would you go with hubcaps or not?
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it would look pretty crappy without the caps, but that's just my opinion.
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The info in the parts catalogue & the Fiero Enthusiasts Guide show only the full wheel covers for the '86 base model.

daveg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 06:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for davegSend a Private Message to davegEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked my brochure from 86, and it also shows 14" with full covers for the base.

dave
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
True as well; seems odd the Tri-Tech covers aren't shown in any of the pictures in the brochure... only Hi-Tech Turbo wheels which weren't even optional on the base model.

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 12-28-2013).]

RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The RPO code sheet under the hood will tell you what it came with. The RPO codes are in the picture above (P06, P02, etc.)
NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It doesn't look like that's the complete list of what was available, I don't even see the honeycomb ones listed, unless it's on the next page

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NetCam:

It doesn't look like that's the complete list of what was available, I don't even see the honeycomb ones listed, unless it's on the next page

You're exactly right, the Diamond Spoke are shown on the next page (not available on the '86 base anyway).
Strangely enough, the '86 Coupe I got 3 years ago shows code P06 and had P06 wheels on it (caps & rings).
The manufacturing date can't be read anymore on the door sticker, but the 10th VIN digit is G, signifying 1986.
Maybe they sent PO6 wheels to Canada in 1986?

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newfiejeff:

So to keep it stock it would be steel wheels, would you go with hubcaps or not?

Originally posted by NetCam:

I think it would look pretty crappy without the caps, but that's just my opinion.

I think the 13" wheels would look pretty crappy with or without the caps, but that's just my opinion.

Jeff, why the need to "keep it stock" with 13" wheels? Seems to me you could "keep it stock" with some much nicer looking 14" or 15" factory wheels, if indeed you need to use Fiero wheels at all.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a pic of all the wheels shown in the Fiero Enthusiasts Guide:

Here's a pic of my $800 '86 Fiero with another $800 worth of immaculate '88 wheels & Michelins.

NetCam

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NetCamClick Here to visit NetCam's HomePageSend a Private Message to NetCamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
$800? Sweet deal!
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got it in January 2011. A lady in Etobicoke was listed on the ownership. It had a couple of Etobicoke Yacht Club stickers on it & 107,000 km. Her local mechanic was selling it - I figured there was an issue... but it was very solid structurally. I got to Burlington before I had to stop to let the smoke dissipate. The traditional 2.5L head bolt problem was fixed as well as lots of little cosmetic issues. A 'death rattle' developed about 500 km after the head bolt repair - Lucas Oil additive compensated for that for 2 1/2 years until this past fall when I swapped in a 90,000 km '87 2.5 L. It shares daily driver duties with my '84SE that has 363,000km on it. I needed a daily driver back-up for the old SE eh? I think I've got close to $2500 in it now.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock