Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Custom rear light panel question/advice.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom rear light panel question/advice. by Bridgetown
Started on: 12-26-2013 05:12 PM
Replies: 4 (330 views)
Last post by: BrittB on 12-26-2013 08:25 PM
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this pic, and I'm very interested in doing something like this.

http://s404.photobucket.com...ce34TDCDohc.jpg.html

Any idea who's car this is, I'd like to see more pics of it.

I'm also wondering how this could be built. I'd like to form pockets for the taillights like the F360 has.
I'm not sure the best way to form the compound shapes needed, and make the bend all look uniform.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's pretty straightforward. Take a sheet of the mesh, cut it to size, bend a top and a bottom lip. The trick is in the corners. If you see my arrow, you will notice a little bit of a bunching-up of the mesh. I assume that the mounting lip is cut off at this point and the mesh is simply hand rolled into the shape. For the lights the mesh is cut, and then the mesh is slit multiple times from the center outwards towards the edges of the lights. Then the multiple slits can be bent into a round form.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could probably make a wooden buck of the taillight shape and then bend/press/pound it into shape with a mallet.
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The outside edges I think will be fairly straight forward, its the recessed light pockets that I think will be difficult. The real f355 challenge cars have a pocket where the lights sit. Id like to have the pockets rather then just bolting the lights straight onto the face of the mesh.
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You could also do the ends in fiberglass and the center of the panel using the mesh material.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock