Radiator Fan Replacment by Fadingaway
Started on: 12-21-2013 02:11 PM
Replies: 3 (342 views)
Last post by: Arns85GT on 12-23-2013 08:32 AM
Fadingaway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My radiator fan is dead and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good replacement
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The motor is cheap at any parts store. Make sure it's not the relay first.
Fadingaway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well let me start with the fan that was in the car looks like I it went to a Honda, right now I'm stuck at a crossroads on how I'm supposed to wire in a factory fan I obtained. The harness is all chopped up and the relay is taken apart, when I run a power wire to the fan and turn the A/c on to make the wire hot the ground starts smoking. Not sure what to do from here I've looked into aftermarket fan controllers and thinking this be my best route instead of some reneck rigging with a toggle switch and some speaker wires directly to the battery
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The stock wiring uses a power wire that has a relay to activate it. The power wire is a heavy wire and if you don't use a thick enough wire it will get overloaded and fire is not out of the question.

You need either somebody who is competent for this wiring job, or you need the schematic. I would not use speaker wires for this job.

Hope this helps you

Arn

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock