Started on: 12-20-2013 12:33 AM
Replies: 2 (364 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 12-20-2013 12:05 PM
uhlanstan

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2013 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has any forum memeber used the allstar paint tire markers from Summit ?? to letter thier tires
it comes in white red,yellow ,blue & aluminum $6
does it hold up ?? you do have to let any of the lettering paint dry before driving is the marker the same way??
I was going to use Dupli color "hot tires" paint pen to color the lettering on my tires ,but it seems so many of the
"hot tires " paint tube dry out & 50% are harden/dry when you get your pen, it is useless..,has 'hot tires' improved ??
hot tires cost $7 to $8.50
summit & jegs have the lettering paint & markers .
there is also a rustoleum product,not familiar with it
I know there are top quality lettering products for $15 to $20
google = Dupli color hot tires paint pen.......... there are product evaluation
google= rustoleum tire paint pen

IF, its a Fiero & super fast & runs on gas or a flamable liquid count me in
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Call Summit and ask them. I've always had great service from them.
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive used them on showcars. You will have to redo them every few car washes though, and they are not tire coating friendly. If you put it on over treated tires, it wont stick at all if you can even get it on. Threatments will remove, damage or miscolor them. I put it on tires that I never put anything on. I just clean my tires really well and leave them natural. I hate shiney or even semi-shiney tires.

Another thing that works just as well on clean untreated tires is just some white (or color) model paint with a little talcum or baby powder mixed in, and applied with a modeling paintbrush. That will make the enamel paint dry on the rubber. Still needs touch ups though, but looks much better. Works especially well on raised or outlined letters. You have to scrub them perfectly clean...any oils or dressings will leave oily smears in the paint. I bought a car with dressed tires and I spent prob 4 hours getting all the stuff off the rubber.

[This message has been edited by rogergarrison (edited 12-20-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock