Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Anyone know How to fix crack on quarter window?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Anyone know How to fix crack on quarter window? by FieroGT-987
Started on: 12-19-2013 09:54 AM
Replies: 5 (231 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 12-20-2013 05:21 PM
FieroGT-987

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 gt.
Has crack on passenger plastic window. Looks bad and Im selling the car so I want to fix it up. Any ideas? I could possibly melt the plastic together somehow to keep the two pieces together haha. Just an idea... Thanks, help is appreciated
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope, needs replaced. About all you could do otherwise is put something else over it like vinyl or plastic and paint it. If your selling it, Id just leave it alone myself. If you try to cover it up cheap, a buyer may wonder what else you hillbilly rigged. When they crack, its usually because its gotten brittle and anything you do will just make it worse...like shattering the whole thing. Most Id do is put a small bead of superglue along it to keep wind and water out.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't mess with it. Some glues will melt plastic and stick to your fingers causeing one big mess (super glue slow set for example)
FieroGT-987

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGT-987Send a Private Message to FieroGT-987Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I know someome that might be able to put vinyl over it. -drew
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I only use Zap from a model shop. You can get it thin or as thick as you want. I like the thick. Takes longer to dry, but dont run.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Contact a sign supply dealer or a display or lighted sign shop and get some IPS Weld-On 3 for Acrylic. It's a clear liquid and flows like water. Sign shops use it for welding acrylic together. It's applied with a small plastic bottle with a blunt hypodermic needle in the cap. It works by capillary action. Just place the tip against the top of the crack, squeeze ever so gently to allow the cement to flow into the crack. A small drop the size of a pin head can weld a good piece of acrylic. They may be willing to do the job for you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock