TH125 -> Getrag 5 speed Swap. GT-88 by kjelle69
Started on: 12-19-2013 04:01 AM
Replies: 3 (242 views)
Last post by: Ravant on 12-19-2013 11:54 AM
kjelle69

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kjelle69Click Here to visit kjelle69's HomePageSend a Private Message to kjelle69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone who is sitting on a good link with a picture supported thread describing a swap of a TH125 -> Getrag in a 88 GT ?
(Have searched, but cant find a conclusive thread)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Which 5-speed? Getrag, Isuzu, F23 or F35? I'm going to an F23 here in ~3 months from a TH-125 and will have a detailed write-up for it.

[This message has been edited by Ravant (edited 12-19-2013).]

kjelle69

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kjelle69Click Here to visit kjelle69's HomePageSend a Private Message to kjelle69Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getrag. I have an original (Is that the F23?), taken out from an GT-87 (I think).

[This message has been edited by kjelle69 (edited 12-19-2013).]

Ravant

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RavantSend a Private Message to RavantEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kjelle69:

Getrag. I have an original (Is that the F23?), taken out from an GT-87 (I think).

F23 is the newer 5-speed out of a Cavalier/Cobalt etc. The 282 you have is an easier swap. You will need a clutch hydraulic line, master and slave cylinders, manual pedal cluster, shifter, backup light switch, the starter lockout switch on the clutch, if you have cruise control, the cruise disable switch on the clutch, if you want the key button thing, you'll need the steering column from the manual car, the shift and select cables, either to block off the existing trans cooler line or to replace your radiator with the manual one, and the axles from the manual car.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock