Question about universal fuel sending unit by Ducati Jones
Started on: 12-18-2013 10:45 AM
Replies: 4 (252 views)
Last post by: topcat on 09-24-2014 04:49 PM
Ducati Jones

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Ducati JonesSend a Private Message to Ducati JonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been reading thru some of the post concerning aftermarket fuel sending units to replace a worn out factory unit. My fuel guage doesnt work. I swapped the guage in the dash and it made no differeence so I'm pretty sure my problem is the sending unit. I have not dropped my tank yet. I don't want the car out of action too long so I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row when I do. I saw that several people have used a universal kit from Summit. I spotted a similar looking kit on Ebay. Can anyone tell me if this kit will be usable? Ebay#260933871251.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It will work. I have the same one in my tractor. The bolt pattern on the round top plate was the same as the original on the 60 year old beast.

You'll have to modify it to work in the Fiero, but it will work fine as long as it's 0-90 ohms. I got mine from egauges.com (I got all of the gauges from there, too). I used the Summit sender on the Fiero because I was ordering other stuff from them at the time.

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

jholda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jholdaSend a Private Message to jholdaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did you have to modify on the Summit sender for it to work?
Alex.07.86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex.07.86GTSend a Private Message to Alex.07.86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jholda:

What did you have to modify on the Summit sender for it to work?

Lots of bending & guessing, etc. Make sure the wires dont get caught up on the float.

It will work somewhat but never like the original sender.

Id recommend buying a whole new unit and sell your old one on Ebay
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried the Summit universal unit, and had mixed results. It worked, but not good enough for me to trust - so I bit the bullet and spent the cash for a sending unit made for the Fiero.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock