Steel Wheels by eunospeed
Started on: 12-17-2013 01:35 PM
Replies: 14 (339 views)
Last post by: zkhennings on 12-18-2013 05:02 PM
eunospeed

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Guys, I really want some new wheels in the 16-17" range for my Formula. Having said that I would like to consider steel wheels to get more of an old-school look. Now, any old wheels won't do they will have to be black and have some coolness of some sort. Thoughts these on this GTI looked good............. Ideas?

http://www.msprotege.com/me...st-18-1120058927.jpg
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the offset may be a problem. the look is good

Arn
zkhennings

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are probably diamond racing wheels, cheap, well made, pretty light steel wheels meant for racing, but you can buy street specific versions too.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only idea I can offer is to NOT do that to your tires.

Jonathan
css9450

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does Tire Rack (or someone else) sell steel wheels for use with snow tires, in the size you want? They might look pretty utilitarian though.
carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

The only idea I can offer is to NOT do that to your tires.

Jonathan

No stretch and poke?
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

No stretch and poke?

Wait, what are we talking about?

Jonathan

zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by css9450:

Does Tire Rack (or someone else) sell steel wheels for use with snow tires, in the size you want? They might look pretty utilitarian though.

Tire rack has deals on 4 snow tires mounted on 4 steelies for any car, it is a package
eunospeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah guys, I'm a 50 year old white guy.... no poke or stretch ;-)
eunospeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

eunospeed

342 posts
Member since Sep 2002
zkhennings could be right, they do look a lot like Diamond wheels. Their web site seems to be screwed up but if you go to the bottom you can see some size options and ordering instructions. I need to see if the offsets and center bore will work but it could be a good path. I really like the old-school look they would give my Formula. In black for sure and I think I would go with the Pro Street version.
zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
eunospeed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eunospeedSend a Private Message to eunospeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like their wheels have big negative offset's. Am I missing something?
Fadingaway

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FadingawaySend a Private Message to FadingawayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Honda kids I hang out with use these wheels all of the time and pay big$$ for them. But I hear they are relatively inexpensive to order. But yes they all have some wild offset from what I've seen and are usually 8+INCHES wide commonly used on those slammed/lowered hatchback jalopys that call themselves fast because they ran a 17 second 8th mile. Joking aside I think these would look great on a Fiero with the right offset and color
Ducati Jones

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ducati JonesSend a Private Message to Ducati JonesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have (4) 17" steel wheels with summer only tires. Tires are in good shape with 1/2 the tread left. Came off my wifes PT cruiser GT turbo. Same bolt pattern and the offset should work. They are chrome plated but the chrome is peeling in a few spots. Be perfect if you want to strip them and paint them black. I'll let them go cheap!!!. I live on the far west side of Indy about 15 minutes from IMS.
zkhennings

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zkhenningsSend a Private Message to zkhenningsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by eunospeed:

Looks like their wheels have big negative offset's. Am I missing something?

Not sure actually I never noticed that... maybe try some of the non pro street wheels? The wider the wheel the more the offset has to be reduced to fit the wheel without hitting the suspension, but I am surprised they don't have offsets of like at least +30

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock