Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  The "Western" edition 1988 Fiero Coupe...the WO2: Sport Appearance Group

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
The "Western" edition 1988 Fiero Coupe...the WO2: Sport Appearance Group by FormulaDuke
Started on: 12-15-2013 03:42 PM
Replies: 24 (1795 views)
Last post by: 82-T/A [At Work] on 12-23-2023 12:29 PM
FormulaDuke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaDukeSend a Private Message to FormulaDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I happen to own a California 1988 Iron Duke Coupe, with what was called the WO2 option, apparently ONLY offered on the Coupe, in Red or White only, and ONLY on the West Coast. It included the wing, and a monochrome treatment of the rocker panel, with special rubber trim on it, and a monochromatic lower valance panel of the rear bumper. Does anyone else have this option?....I would like to post a pic of mine, but don't know how yet.....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Click on "Pennocks Image Poster" app at the bottom of the screen. Install the app on your computer and follow the instructions. Basically you select your picture (.jpg file), upload it and then paste the link inline with your text
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 04:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neils88:

Click on "Pennocks Image Poster" app at the bottom of the screen.

Or click right here... PIP

I'd like to see what this '88 coupe looks like.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 12-15-2013).]

SCCA FIERO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCA FIEROSend a Private Message to SCCA FIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like an 88 Coupe with the rear bumper painted all the same color (not the lower part black) and the rockers under the doors are painted the same color as the car and not black. But the front bumper air dam is still black. Looks a bit odd to me.
FormulaDuke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaDukeSend a Private Message to FormulaDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am actually going to paint the black air dam, using epoxy undercoat, the same color...and hope I don't hit anything....much. Thanks for the image link, Kenny, uh Neils88.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is actually a legit RPO option package - I originally did not believe it myself until I actually came across a white one some time back.

W02 - the "Western" edition as the OP has referred to it here - is a "Sport Appearance Package" RPO assigned to 1988 base coupe models in red and white only. It is an oddity because at first it appears that the car has been modified. It will carry body-colored lower trim pieces, a spoiler like would appear on the Formula, but since this is an '88 model it would only have a single exhaust but dual exhaust cut-outs since all '88 four cylinder models carried that layout to save production costs (use one rear fascia for both four cylinder coupe and the Formula).

Otherwise it will be the same as any other 1988 four cylinder car.

It's for sure very odd. Likely many, many have came across these cars not knowing what they are, especially considering how common white and red are for Fiero colors. For sure looking forward to seeing photos of it.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picture ? would like to SEE this option

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a few pics from the net, (not great) but you can see the white bottom on the bumper cover and white rockers, the wing, and graphics.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

http://www.oocities.org/sfiero/Western.html

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-16-2013).]

Zeak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZeakSend a Private Message to ZeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine has this code. (I'm new here, btw)

Click

Click

Click

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Zeak:

Mine has this code. (I'm new here, btw)

Click

Awesome thanks for posting pics!

WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've seen this on 88 coupes in the past and really thought nothing more of it. Seemed like since the end was coming they were just slapping them together paint be damned.

But I never knew it was an actual option package. For only the West Coast? That just seems even odder.

I have learned something new today, (about a Fiero!)

Much thanks!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool. Photos. Thanks for posting them.

And as I said this is why this option can be tricky. From the back it looks like a standard base coupe with the dual cutouts and only one exhaust side, yet with the spoiler and a notchback it can look like a Formula, yet can seem to some it is simply a modified base coupe. Keep an eye out for that W02 option on any '88 coupe that looks modified.

Fiero Toy Box

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2019 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero Toy BoxClick Here to visit Fiero Toy Box's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero Toy BoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have (5) '88 Coupe in the Fiero T-Top Registry, and another (4) in the [non-T-Top] Registry, with the W02 option.

Ray Paulk
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2020 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Heh... I missed this particular thread. Here's mine.

Ray, if you're still keeping up with them, I'll send you my VIN, and all the particulars. It's one of the most sparsely optioned Fieros I've ever seen.
sourmash

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
User Banned

Report this Post08-19-2020 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sourmashSend a Private Message to sourmashEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, she's pretty sexy, and looks good in brown. The car isn't bad either.

Originally posted by Raydar:

Heh... I missed this particular thread. Here's mine.

[This message has been edited by sourmash (edited 08-19-2020).]

DanMFiero88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2022 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanMFiero88Send a Private Message to DanMFiero88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine white 88 looks the same. T-top is a dealer install. I bought it as a roller in Oct 21. Unfortunately I cannot upload a picture - I think that the file size is too large.

[This message has been edited by DanMFiero88 (edited 09-06-2022).]

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanMFiero88:
Unfortunately I cannot upload a picture - I think that the file size is too large.

Shoot it to me in email (top of this post) if you'd like. I'll post it up for you
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2022 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanMFiero88:

Unfortunately I cannot upload a picture - I think that the file size is too large.

That's doubtful.

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock Here:

I upped the limit for both images and audio to 20MB.

Were you logged in to PFF prior to trying to upload the image? If not, that was probably your issue.
Mark_j

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2022 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mark_jSend a Private Message to Mark_jEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I have one of these. Have to dig up some pictures of it..
Sparkplug1965

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2023 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sparkplug1965Send a Private Message to Sparkplug1965Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FormulaDuke:

I happen to own a California 1988 Iron Duke Coupe, with what was called the WO2 option, apparently ONLY offered on the Coupe, in Red or White only, and ONLY on the West Coast. It included the wing, and a monochrome treatment of the rocker panel, with special rubber trim on it, and a monochromatic lower valance panel of the rear bumper. Does anyone else have this option?....I would like to post a pic of mine, but don't know how yet.....

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2023 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like the vast majority of these that I've seen have been white.

Welcome Sparkplug1965! Your W02 looks great!

Here's another pic of mine.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-04-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
jdv

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jdvSend a Private Message to jdvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Raydar nice wheels on that car. What size and make are they?
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2023 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jdv:

Raydar nice wheels on that car. What size and make are they?

Thanks!
They're Borbet Type FS. 17x7 / 38mm and 17x8 / 35mm. AFAIK, they've been out of production forever, though.
reinhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2023 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reinhartSend a Private Message to reinhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of that "west coast" 87? GT that was white only and monochrome like an 88 GT. It had an option code and was only sold through one dealer in CA. I think there were like 100 made.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2023 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some weird pin-striping on my hood that was there when I bought the car in 1996 w/ 43k miles on it. At the time, my uncle owned it, and he'd had it for 4 years, and it was on there when he bought it too. The original owner was NOT a car guy, he was an intel analyst with the CIA and bought it when he was living in Illinois, and my uncle bought it from him. It spent like most of it's first 7 years in a storage unit when the guy was overseas. I wonder if that was some weird dealer thing, or if there's an RPO code for hood pin-striping. It seems to be under the clear-coat.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock