Coolant(Radiator)Hoses from water pump to pipes on my 88 Duke by FormulaDuke
Started on: 12-13-2013 11:56 AM
Replies: 3 (184 views)
Last post by: Rodney on 12-15-2013 01:31 PM
FormulaDuke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaDukeSend a Private Message to FormulaDukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The radiator(coolant) hose from the water pump down to the coolant pipe is leaking on my 88 Duke, and no one seems to be able to replace it locally. I am offered universals only. Does anyone have a line on getting something new to replace it, i.e., is there a similar part # , etc. even from another car, that is a close match to that pipe in shape, or does anyone know which universal is best, and where to go to get it? THANKS!!!!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You’ll probably have to order it online. Go to Gates.Com and look up their part number for the hose, then search for it. I had to do this for my Formula and between the local stores and online I was able to find them all. If one is bad then it might be time to replace them all....and flush the system while you're at it.

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 12-13-2013).]

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thought Rodney was working on replacement hoses for the 88. I seem to recall last year he was asking for some samples. I would check his website.

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 12-14-2013).]

Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hoses I am making is for the V-6 with A/C. I might look at making the 88 L4 hoses some day. Some of the heater core hoses have special ends so I would need to include adapters etc. I have good useable samples on hand. If I see enough demand I will make a batch. This is just for the 88 L4. A very small market.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to: