Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  heres a real wtf question for an expert (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
heres a real wtf question for an expert by frozenpuppy
Started on: 12-10-2013 09:45 AM
Replies: 43 (801 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 12-12-2013 06:50 AM
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

That happens more than you would expect...especially ones built around the model changover. I had a Mercedes SL titled as a 73. Every time I bought parts they were wrong...especially brakes which were completely different. Turned out mine was built right at the switchover and used 72 brakes. They apparently just use whatever is in stock at the time of assembly till they run out. One of my Corvettes also had the previous years seats in it from the factory. Ive really seen it a lot on paint colors. When they had a LOT of left over color at the model switch, they just used it up and called it a 'Special Edition', putting on a sticker/emblem saying that.

In this case, someone bought it in '87 and thought it was an '87 Fiero... maybe. They didn't bother to look at the title

IP: Logged
frozenpuppy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frozenpuppySend a Private Message to frozenpuppyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jaskispyder:

In this case, someone bought it in '87 and thought it was an '87 Fiero... maybe. They didn't bother to look at the title

I think this is probably what happened. The wheel bearings still spin smooth. If theres any damage I dont forsee it catasrophically failing for at least another 15000 miles. Im not going to be disappointed if it needs new bearings remember its been sitting on the same ball bearings since 2007 unmoved. An indent in a race would not surprise me or likewise for a ball.
mcguiver3

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcguiver3Send a Private Message to mcguiver3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The issue is that the bearings in that hub are not replaceable.
The fix is a new hub, Rodney has the problem solved as he is manufacturing them.
The Fiero Store has a knock off but they are not up to the task.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frozenpuppy:

...The wheel bearings still spin smooth...

I would go ahead and run with them.
Just pay attention to any rumbling. They usually give plenty of warning.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock