seats by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 12-07-2013 11:35 PM
Replies: 6 (476 views)
Last post by: onesexyfiero on 12-08-2013 04:19 PM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Gotta find a COMFORTABLE set of seats for the Fiero. a year ago I put in 97 Camaro seats that have more "adjustment", but lately my back kills me every time I drive the car (combo of the seats and the fact that my left leg has to rest on that damn Bump in the floor. who the hell designed that ?(old age) Has anyone found a really "Comfortable" seat that Fits a fiero ". (Not talking about corvette seats that cost an arm & a leg), must be some "Soft, seat with support" found in some GM car (or other) Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Old Lar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero seats are quite comfortable.
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if your sore back is telling you to exercise to strengthen it? I don't think it's a common complaint about the Fiero seats or driving position being uncomfortable. I'm 6'1" and have plenty of leg room and my back doesn't get sore. I'm 67 but I do get to the gym to try and keep in shape. I've been sitting in my Fiero on and off for the last 26 years. Perhaps you could get the stock seats back and have new foam but in them, it might make a difference. I do think exercise is really important as is keeping your weight in line. I'm trying to be helpful. Please don't take this as anything else.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:

I wonder if your sore back is telling you to exercise to strengthen it? I don't think it's a common complaint about the Fiero seats or driving position being uncomfortable. I'm 6'1" and have plenty of leg room and my back doesn't get sore. I'm 67 but I do get to the gym to try and keep in shape. I've been sitting in my Fiero on and off for the last 26 years. Perhaps you could get the stock seats back and have new foam but in them, it might make a difference. I do think exercise is really important as is keeping your weight in line. I'm trying to be helpful. Please don't take this as anything else.

Woody

Ditto

My regular seats are very comfortable to sit in, but for long ride they tend to hurt my back, but I have a bad back to begin with. maybe you need more lumbar support, or if you have a thick wallet that can also be a problem.. try putting a small rolled up towel, face towel behind your back and see if that helps. many newer cars come with inflatable lumbar supports. I forget what ones they are but they are available in many models and if the towel helps you might want to put something like that in whatever seat you have in there now or in your original seats.

or just something like this

http://www.healthykin.com/s...yDobsCFWQOOgodl3EAIA

or this

http://www.rostra.com/comfo...upport-by-rostra.php

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am also 67 and I "lift weights"(I'm "in shape"), I just have a bad back. I think it's the Combo of bottom of the seat, and the fact that resting my foot on the bump in the floor tends to make me sit crooked in the seat. maybe it's more the Floor than the seat. But I have the same problem in the 96 Formula (same seats). (both HAVE new Foam. Is there a car with a "CUSHIER" seat ? you being 6' 1", how do you fit in the car ? My head touches the sun visor if I lean forward and my left leg has nowhere to go (under the brake pedal) and I'm only 5'6"
jim94

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim94Send a Private Message to jim94Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I built a memory foam pad for the bottom section, it makes my butt feel better. During the Rolex 24 I sleep in the passenger seat with a memory foam pad that covers the whole seat. I have had 6 back surgerys and am only 56. Hope you feel better .
onesexyfiero

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for onesexyfieroSend a Private Message to onesexyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock seats are decent, but my c5 vette seats are a lot nicer. I only paid $250 for mine, which isn't much considering what recovering costs. They're out there pretty cheap if you look long enough. Sloping the seat bottom back helps a lot. I also tend to put my left foot behind the clutch once ive gone thru the gears and I know Im done shifting for a while, like on the highway.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock