Cold start injector by NiotaFiero
Started on: 12-07-2013 09:51 AM
Replies: 5 (594 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 12-09-2013 10:43 AM
NiotaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a rich running 2.8 and someone said it could be the cold start injector. What happens if I just disconnect the wiring to it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rodrv6

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rodrv6Send a Private Message to Rodrv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NiotaFiero:

I have a rich running 2.8 and someone said it could be the cold start injector. What happens if I just disconnect the wiring to it?

Well, that will deactivate it, but it only has power on it while the engine starter is engaged. It is not controlled by the engine computer. If it is leaking, pulling the wires will have no effect. You'd need to remove its fuel line from the fuel rail and plug the rail to stop it from leaking, if that is what it's doing.

------------------
Rod Schneider, Ball Ground, Ga.
"You can't have too many toys!"
1988 Fiero GT
1987 Porsche 944S
1987 Corvette
1966 Porsche 911
2001 Chrysler 300M
Van's RV-6 airplane

NiotaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you should also know, IF you disconnect it, the engine will crank for awhile before starting.
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is my thread where I was chasing a rich fuel condition. Hope it helps.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/130689.html "2.8 low RPM hesitation"

Jonathan
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Coolant Temperature Sensor could also be suspect even though it hasn't set a code. If it is sending the ECM a message that the coolant temp is cold, the ECM will add more fuel to the mix. My 87's CTS failed all at once, causing clouds of black smoke to roll from the exhaust. A scan showed the coolant temp information to be below zero, even though I'd just driven the car into the shop to be checked.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock