Where to ? 4t65e HD by Lou6t4gto
Started on: 12-06-2013 01:30 PM
Replies: 5 (258 views)
Last post by: Lou6t4gto on 12-07-2013 01:15 AM
Lou6t4gto

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the 4t65e HD on my swap, at the pass side axle housing,(on top), there is a sensor.... Exactly WHAT (Wires/adapter) am I needing to "GET" / "hook up" to this ?
I have wires "waiting to hook up" that say for VSS vehicle speed sensor. I Think someone said that an "adapter" is needed for this. Is there a "Diagram" anywhere? Pictures would be Great. Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 04:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lou6t4gto:

On the 4t65e HD on my swap, at the pass side axle housing,(on top), there is a sensor.... Exactly WHAT (Wires/adapter) am I needing to "GET" / "hook up" to this ?
I have wires "waiting to hook up" that say for VSS vehicle speed sensor. I Think someone said that an "adapter" is needed for this. Is there a "Diagram" anywhere? Pictures would be Great. Thanks

The sensor that is on the passenger's side extension housing on the transmission is the VSS (vehicle speed sensor). This sensor needs to be directly connected to the PCM - no interface module or anything. Just wire it up directly to the PCM.

Now, in order for your Fiero speedometer to display vehicle speed correctly, you will need to build an interface module that installs between the Fiero speedo and the PCM's 4k PPM VSS output. A schematic for this circuit can be seen here:
http://www.gmtuners.com/fiero/speedo2.gif

Or, there might be a vendor or two on this forum that sells pre-made speedo conversion modules.

-ryan

------------------
OVERKILL IS UNDERRATED

Custom GM OBD1 & OBD2 Tuning | Engine Conversions & more | www.gmtuners.com

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That what I needed to know. I think theres 2 wires for vss and 1 or 2 for 4000 ppm. I'll need to find a" Vendor", making the harness was more than enough for me, diodes and resister are "Beyond my pay scale". been saying I'm going to learn about electricity for 30 years, maybe it's time. Thanks
fieroaddicted

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroaddictedSend a Private Message to fieroaddictedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that circuit is easy to build....you should just build it yourself. And the parts are cheap as well. If you lived close, i'd give them to you. I bought the parts to make one for my swap, and found out after that the harness i buy will have it built in already...so not needed. I think i paid $10 for enough parts to build 2 circuits.
1fast2m4

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm a little confused, I bought my harness from a vendor (Timm / Phonedwags) I just hooked everything up and my speedometer works perfect? I also had the PCM programed by ZZP, I was under the assumption that the Spedo calibration was in the PCM's Tune

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

Lou6t4gto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lou6t4gtoSend a Private Message to Lou6t4gtoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so, blue #64 to B, and blue #65 to A on the vss Sensor. and #55 blue (4000ppm) to the "interface", 1 wire to pin F of 203, and the other to Pin G of 203 ?
Duh, thanks for the help. be Sooo happy when this is finished.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock