Fiero warehouse full side scoops by woodyhere
Started on: 12-06-2013 09:44 AM
Replies: 8 (668 views)
Last post by: jsmorter on 12-09-2013 04:25 PM
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my full side scoops yesterday for my 87 GT. I had them drilled and screens installed. The screens can be easily removed for painting the scoops. I looked them over carefully and couldn't find any flaws. Looks like they are ready for paint! They are really nicely designed and manufactured. The scoops stick out from the body but flow with the body lines. They look like they could be OEM parts. I plan to make internal panels for air ducts and cone filters. A great product at a reasonable price.
I ordered a fiberglass Z 28 cowl induction scoop from Jegs a few days ago. It's only 2.5 inches high and just the right width and length to fit perfectly on the hood. I'm going to cut open the front area under the scoop to let hot air out of the radiator compartment. It cost $129. I'm sure it won't be as smooth as the Fiero Warehouse side scoops. I'm thankful for a warm shop to work in. The wind chills are going to drop to -35 tonight!

Seasons Greetings to all!

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by woodyhere:
...I looked them over carefully and couldn't find any flaws. Looks like they are ready for paint! They are really nicely designed and manufactured. ... They look like they could be OEM parts.

I'm not the slightest bit surprised.
Everything that I have ever purchased from Fiero Warehouse has been "top shelf".

Good luck with your project.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 12-06-2013).]

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
pics or it did not happen...LOL

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

Banshee

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What did the cost?
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh come on..........give me a break! I have to be honest about pics. I have more than a little trouble getting them into the forum. In the past I used photo bucket and the pics came out giant sized. Old computer (with VISTA) crapped out, had to get a new computer and it has Windows 8.1. I'm going to try to get pics to you guys. I have several projects that I think will be of interest to do this winter. It's -14 today with wind chills at -35. Guess that qualifies as winter. I'm putting a FAST EZ 2.0 FI , trying to make a new fuel tank, adding the side scoops with air hook ups and putting on the Z28 cowl induction hood. I think some new shift cables from Rodney might be good preventative medicine. Lots to do which makes me wonder how many things I will actually get done!

Seasons best to you all,

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

woodyhere

399 posts
Member since Aug 2011
Sorry didn't see your question in time! The full scoops were $220. With drilling, screens installed and shipping they came to just a few bucks over $300.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 04:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to seeing PICS of your hood and side scoops..lol

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will get plenty of pics and hopefully find a good way to post them. I can't wait to see how well the scoop doesn't fit the hood! LOL

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

jsmorter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorterSend a Private Message to jsmorterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Woody you just keep those temps up there. I have to much work to do to mine to be dealing with those temps lol.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock