3.4 swap gage change? by Sabenn_88_notch
Started on: 12-05-2013 10:52 AM
Replies: 3 (240 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 12-06-2013 01:22 AM
Sabenn_88_notch

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sabenn_88_notchSend a Private Message to Sabenn_88_notchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm swapping a 3.4 into my 88 2.5 and I have the stock gage cluster with the 85 mph speedo and the tach that red lines at around 6. After searching ive found nothing but do I need to find the gages out of a V6 and replace that for my stock gages?

Sorry for all the questions, my fiero master brother is currently on a cruise and I'm on my own for now.

Thanks,
-Zach
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You'll need a tachometer for a V6. But the rest of the gauges are fine.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It is possible to modify the 4 cylinder tach to read correctly for the V6.

Gibsons in Menasha has quite a selection of Fieros. Look at the different dashes as the instrument lighting and fonts do vary. You can also upgrade to the aux gauge cluser.

Most of the Fieros at Gibsons are 4 cylinder cars now that I think about it but they do have at least one 6
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it's very possible to modify the tach for a V6, but it's infinitely easier to just swap in the electronic board on the back from a V6. If you ask nicely someone might have one laying around in their junk box. Over the summer I was giving away tachs for the price of shipping. I'm all out now, but I'm sure others have them laying around.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock