ECM/Diagnostic Codes by dallasreese
Started on: 12-04-2013 07:58 PM
Replies: 3 (134 views)
Last post by: dallasreese on 12-05-2013 06:56 PM
dallasreese

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dallasreeseSend a Private Message to dallasreeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I attempted to do the jumper wire to get a diagnostic reading from my ECM and only got the "Check Engine" Light which is constantly on....(84 Fiero-4 cyl.) If the ECM was defective, would it not have other electrical problems?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A solid check engine light is what you would get if the wire didn't make connections.

Make sure the wire is in the correct holes. If nothing else try just grounding the B terminal.
dallasreese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dallasreeseSend a Private Message to dallasreeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes..I made sure the connection of the two terminals were solid but I will try just grounding B terminal..Thx.
dallasreese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dallasreeseSend a Private Message to dallasreeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok..I just connected the B terminal to a straight ground....turned ignition to on position and Service Light came on with no codes....Just solid light....Any other thoughts? Thanks for input.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock