3800 wiring harness by fierogtx
Started on: 12-03-2013 09:40 PM
Replies: 7 (789 views)
Last post by: fierogtx on 12-04-2013 09:50 PM
fierogtx

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hi just a question can i take an engine wiring harness from a 2003 gp gtp l67 and wiring like the 98-2002 method like darthfiero recommend ?????
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a lot more to building a harness than just repinning the PCM.

What transmission are you running? If the 4T65E-HD then what year?

MT, then not much problem.

AT 4T65E-HD you need to make sure your PCM/PCM programming/PCM wiring are compatible with your year 4T65E-HD
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes you can, if you need any help just ask as it is not that hard to do just time consuming to do a nice clean job. Dan

------------------

DARN Cars now open with
Over 30 years wiring experience between cars and trade as an avionics technician in both Canadian Air Force and civilian aviation.
Over 25 years experience building and modifying cars.
Over 10 years of full Fiero engine swaps and harnesses building and still going.

fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops sorry manual trans getrag i want to use 1998-2000 pcm with a 2007 gt (l32) engine and i found a 2003 gtp engine harness does i can take to wire like the 1998-2002 like darth fiero recommend ??????
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The harness has different injector connectors and they won't fit.

2007 L27 injector connector

2003 L67 injector connector

The 2007 also uses different sized connectors on the PCM vs the 2003 so they won't work either.

[This message has been edited by phonedawgz (edited 12-04-2013).]

FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 180
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 03 GTP harness will be for the L67 and will have the older style fuel injector connectors as mentioned but will also have the older style PCM connectors you will need to wire every thing up as a series II to work with the manual tranny. So you can either use series II injectors or change the injector connectors when making your harness. If you need any diagrams let me know and I will get them for you. Dan
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some pics in my build thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

I was building an auto trans, so yours will be much eaiser. I had the same issues with injectors. Just pulled the ones off the SIII harness, and wired them up to the SII harness, using the pin-outs, and phonedawgz help.

2004 SIII motor wired up as a 2003 SII motor.

Rob
fierogtx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtxSend a Private Message to fierogtxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

some pics in my build thread https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089035.html

I was building an auto trans, so yours will be much eaiser. I had the same issues with injectors. Just pulled the ones off the SIII harness, and wired them up to the SII harness, using the pin-outs, and phonedawgz help.

2004 SIII motor wired up as a 2003 SII motor.

Rob

thanks it will be very instructive

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock