Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions
  Heater controls instrument panel lighting questions??

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Heater controls instrument panel lighting questions?? by Curtisk1060
Started on: 12-01-2013 06:21 PM
Replies: 4 (251 views)
Last post by: st88fiero on 12-01-2013 09:29 PM
Curtisk1060

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Curtisk1060Send a Private Message to Curtisk1060Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before I tear into my son's 87GT to determine why his instrument panel lights do not work for his heater control panel above the radio, can anyone tell me how many bulbs are needed? which ones? and if brighter replacements are available? I have searched my service manual and it gives absolutely no information on how to replace them, it doesn't mention them at all. I'm sure someone has replaced them before. How hard is it?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is an 85GT and I don't recall any lighting on the heater panel

Arn
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The enthusiast's guide says that there is a #37 bulb for the heater control (glass wedge base). I don't know how many or how to get at it.
Dodgerunner

Feedback score:    (61)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 323
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DodgerunnerClick Here to visit Dodgerunner's HomePageSend a Private Message to DodgerunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a bulb located on the left (oops should be right side Doh!) side of the controls. You have to pull the face plate and then pull the controls out.
However the lamp has wires which are soldered onto the control board and is not a plug and play lamp. (at least on the ones I have played with)
Most I have seen have red wires.
Mine it out also and have been thinking of replacing it with an bright white LED with resistor in series as a permanent replacement.

[This message has been edited by Dodgerunner (edited 12-01-2013).]

st88fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for st88fieroSend a Private Message to st88fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The heater control only has one light build on the right side of the unit, that is why it always looks a bit dim. I am not sure of the size. There are alternatives out there, I just ordered replacement bulbs for my entire dash and the rear P-O-N-T-I-A-C light in the back from tlg-auto.com. I am going to use Amber LED'S for the dash to keep the stock look, just brighten it up, and Red LED'S in the back to make the rear light more visible. Check out the site, I had a long conversation with the owner of the company and he has a few how to video's on changing the lights in Fiero's, good luck!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock